iPad mini WiFi issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RyJ, Jan 10, 2013.

1. RyJ macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a bit of a problem with my iPad mini. On my home network, the WiFi is proving to be quite unreliable - it's intermittent.

Originally, before I restored the iPad, it would lose connection with my home network and ask for it's password again. Now, it doesn't do this anywhere near as often - but when I restart the iPad or leave my network, it asks for the password again. As if it's never been connected to it before.

I went into my local Apple store today and they did a total system restore. The problem didn't occur on the store's network after this, however, it did not require a password. So, it's pretty clear to me that the problem only occurs on password-protected networks.

I'm not sure what Apple will do next if I'm to take it back again, since I didn't buy it directly from them, I doubt they'll replace it on the spot.

Anyone have any ideas, or experience this problem?

Cheers.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    There have been numerous posts on this issue - just search around.

You could try forgetting your network, then in the "other" section, adding it, your password, and instructing it to "renew lease."

Hope it works out for you.

3. RyJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Brilliant! That worked for me, thanks!

I knew it was quite a common issue, it's still a little bit annoying that you practically need to trick your iPad into automatically joining a network when it should do it automatically out of the box, but oh well.

Thanks again! :D

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Very happy it worked for you. I had to resort to that trick with my iPod touch 5G, which hated my home network but liked every other network. On the other hand, a friend's brand new mini had no problems with my home network. Both devices on iOS 6.

Gremlins, most likely. ;)