iPad Mini: Will if flop?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 50548, Oct 24, 2012.

?

iPad Mini: Will it flop?

1. Yes, miserably

5.8%
  2. It will sell as "well" as an Apple TV (i.e., a hobby)

9.6%
  3. No, it will sell like good hotcakes!

84.6%
  1. 50548 Guest

It's clear that in terms of innovation, it's a ZERO.

In terms of product positioning, the example of schizophrenia (between a retina iPod Touch and a much-higher-specced iPad).

In terms of pricing, nothing to write home about.

So YES, I predict that it will flop in due course.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I doubt it.

It's cheaper than the iPad 2 in a sexier format and attached to the unbeatable iOS tablet ecosystem.

It's going to sell by the millions.

3. brig2221 macrumors 6502

No way this thing flops. It will sell like hotcakes as it has a great entry level price (in comparison to the full size iPad), great design, and it carries the Apple logo.

All that said, I have no idea how it will sell compared to what the analysts think it should, so they could sell a truckload of them and still come up short of expectations, which could cause it to be looked upon as a flop in some people eyes.

I however don't think that will be the case. I think they will sell just about every single one they can produce and ship in time through the Christmas holidays.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It will probably be the best selling ipad yet

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

its going to sell like wildfire. The average person doesn't know what a nexus 7 is but everyone knows what an ipad is. once the ads start running its curtains.

6. aw2575 macrumors regular

I'm not trying to start anything, but I really don't understand why every time apple releases a new product, the first thing anyone complains about is it not being innovative. What exactly is innovative about all the android tablets? They are all plastic and essentially all the same, just with a different name on them. How is that innovation? Again, I don't want to start anything, but that argument just makes no sense.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It will flop just like the iPod, iPhone and original iPad did.

8. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I've used an N7 for about 3 months - looking forward to comparing. Wasn't impressed by the N7....the Kindle's UI/OS is ridiculous (and I don't want to have to root my device to make it run a certain OS to my liking) and I have no reason to enter the Nook/B&N ecosystem.

The iPad mini will be a wild success, will out perform the iPad 2 in benchmarks and will work just as well - if not better - than the N7 and other 7" tablets DESPITE its lack of "specs".

9. AirThis macrumors 6502a

I want one. And I'm a very mainstream person. Betcha it sells well. :p

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80