iPad mini iPad mini with retina display feels like

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Speedy Gonzalez, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Speedy Gonzalez macrumors regular

I have the iPad Air since launch but wanted to experience the retina mini in fact purchased the air with the intention of returning when the mini showed up

so I went to pick a mini retina last night first impression was good nice weight and size a little scratch on the back not a big deal I can live with that turned on and the first thing I noticed was a yellow screen well I thought it was because the low brightness but when i set the brightness higher noticed lower left corner more yellow than the whole screen

well that's that I downloaded Oceanhorn and played for 20 min the back of the mini was way hotter than my air playing same game and when running around the screen was stuttering not like low frames but more like nvidia micro stuttering and the same game runs perfect on the air only noticed couple slowdowns within 3 hours of gameplay but not stuttering

there is a micro small black pixel on the screen again is something I can live with because now this days pixels are so small that you wont notice with normal use but adding all up scratch,yellow corner,warm screen,low gamut,bad performance,hot,dead pixel this thing is flawed and "feels like an inferior product" sorry but I wanted a better experience after I drove 1 hour and pay close to $700 for a cellular model

I think this device has potential but was not ready for release the screens are flawed more than anything else because games can be optimized or patched but you cant optimize a bad screen. :(

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

sorry to hear your experience OP.. exchange it, there's a perfect one like mines Lulz, out there for you.

3. Speedy Gonzalez thread starter macrumors regular

I can't handle exchanges is frustrating for me did it in the past with previous ipads and it was not funny

4. tl01 macrumors 65816

I have never had an issue exchanging or returning at the apple store.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

how can you be frustrated? apple has the best customer service out there.

6. Speedy Gonzalez thread starter macrumors regular

because once you start the exchange game you don't stop until they give you a good one and that could take up to 5 exchanges

sometimes they are out of stock and they order it for you and you have to drive to the store 20 times or wait days for the fedex truck

7. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Yeah you have to get ahead of the game with exchanges. It actually takes effort. Call the store that has at least 2 units and go within 1 day of that confirmation. But exchanges are easy and take 10 minutes. I say 2 units because they will open up the 2nd one if your first "exchange" has the same problem. Chances are with 3 units 1 of those will be fine

And if your apple store is an hour away then it sounds like your experiencing the downsides of living in the country, or non-suburban area lol

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Check out this post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18374551&postcount=30

I have the Sharp screen. It has a slight image retention issue, but there is no yellow tinting. The serial number is on the back of the box. Ask to see the box before they open it up and see if they'll give you one with a different manufacturer from the one that has the issue.

9. cababah macrumors 68000

What is the proof that those serial numbers correspond to those display manufacturers?

10. Speedy Gonzalez thread starter macrumors regular

How you know what screen you have is there any test ?

11. KPOM macrumors G5

Apparently you can tell by the serial number.