iPad mini iPad mini won't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'iPad' started by richwoodrocket, Apr 16, 2016.

1. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Lately, my iPad mini's wifi has been acting up. There are many times it won't connect to my wifi network, even though my phone is connected and the wifi is working perfectly.
    It frequently drops the wifi connection, (usually during YouTube) and no matter what I do, sometimes I just can't get it to connect again. In settings, it will show the network name at the top, but with the spinning wheel, like it's trying to connect.
    Even restarting the iPad will not help. Restarting my access point fixes it, but I'm not sure why.
    I think the iPad wifi antenna is really weak, because sometimes I'll connect my iPhone to a wifi network, and on my iPad, the network won't even show up.
    Quite frustrating on a wifi only iPad.
    Anybody have any ideas?

2. Leo90 macrumors 6502

Settings-->General-->Reset--->Reset Network Settings. In addition, verify whether you have any VPN on and/or profiles installed.

3. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I reset network settings, and it connected to my wifi, but im not sure that's going to be a permanent solution.
    I have the beta software profile.
    Also, after resetting my network settings, I guess it forgot all my wifi passwords. I have iCloud Keychain on, but it looks like it will never sync the passwords back since I had to manually put my wifi password in.

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

WOW ... you run Beta software and you never knew that Reset Network Settings cleaned out all of your network passwords?

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

He didn't say he's using beta software. He said he has the beta profile installed. He might be using a beta version of iOS, but he never said he was.

6. RedOrchestra Suspended

This is what he said on an another thread - sounds Beta to me

"My iPad mini runs exactly the same on 9.3.2 (and the same as 9.3.1) as it did on 9.2.1. You'll be fine to update."

7. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I did know it would wipe my passwords. What I didn't expect is that I can no longer use my passwords stored in iCloud Keychain on that iPad...

8. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

And I am on the latest beta, but this was happening before the beta. Was happening on 9.2.1 as well.

9. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

I also used to run beta versions, and I only realised after that resetting wipes all the passwords too, nothing to do with using betas.

Why would betas automatically teach you that?

I think the other poster is a little bit too excited about this.

10. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

He's probably trying to point out people who shouldn't be using beta software, because they will complain that it's buggy or it messed up their life, like some people have in the past.

11. LCPepper macrumors 6502

LCPepper

As I see it, the whole point of betas is to use them and then highlight the issues that you are having... That's how they end up getting fixed.

Otherwise, why bother? Haha.

Apple made the betas public for a reason.

Did you get the wifi working in the end?

12. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

It's working for now

13. swy05 macrumors 6502

I have 2 iPad minis.

I had this issue with one of them.

I had to turn on the "Ask to join networks" setting under Wif settings for it to connect.

My other iPad doesn't need this turned on for it to connect to wifi.

Hardware issue? Software issue?

Perhaps I should get my iPad replaced.

14. richwoodrocket thread starter macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I had the same problem again today... I cleared all my wifi passwords for nothing I guess.
    It's really stupid that it clears them all out in iCloud. So because I reset my network settings on my iPad now I need to put in all the wifi passwords on my phone again.

15. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

When I had this problem, I had to turn Bluetooth off and then Forget and Rejoin the wifi. Hasn't broken again since.