iPad mini iPad Mini won't start and can't restore (error 4005)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pjvr, Sep 5, 2014.

1. pjvr macrumors newbie

Hi, I have an ipad mini that won't start. If I connect to the wall charger the apple turns on and off. I try to restore it with itunes, connecting in dfu mode (only way that recognizes) but get error 4005.
    Some suggestion?

2. pjvr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks,
    I tried it, but remains the same problem.
    Another solution?

3. 1k9 macrumors member

Resolution

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

Install the latest version of iTunes.
    Restart your computer.
    Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.
    Learn more about updating OS X.
    Learn more about updating Windows.
    Restore using another USB cable.
    Restore your device on another computer.
    If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

4. 960design macrumors 68030

Silly question, I know, but I have to ask.

Have you tried a hard reset?
    Holding down power and home button for about 20 seconds. Do not let go until you see the Apple appear, then disappear and appear again. If at any time you see the power slider display, you are not pressing the buttons at the same time or you have a possible ( button ) hardware failure.

Have you tried Recovery Mode?
    Turn off iPad.
    Start iTunes ( normally I start it in kiosk mode, but it doesn't matter ).
    Hold down ONLY the home button AND plug in the usb cable. Do NOT let go of the home button until you see the little iTunes connect screen appear.

5. pjvr thread starter macrumors newbie

A technician told me that the battery is defective. The ipad still on warranty, but it is jailbroken.
    There any way to remove the jailbreak besides the restore, to claim warranty?

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm having the same issue and can't seem to fix it. I've yet to try a different computer but I doubt that will change anything.

I woke up today having missed work because my alarm didn't go off and my phone won't boot. I'm jailbroken but have very few things installed and it was stable afaik. iPhone 6 on 8.1