iPad mini iPad mini worth it at this price?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by surfer17, Jul 8, 2014.

1. surfer17 macrumors member

I bought an iPad mini last month at $340 (down from $419) from Best Buy Canada. I bought it for my mother, but she won't be visiting me anytime soon as I had previously thought. I have no use for the iPad personally.

However, she will be visiting me in November. I haven't yet opened the iPad, so I can easily return it and buy it in November. Obviously then, I most likely won't get it for the same price and/or a new iPad mini may be out.

I'm unable to decide whether I should return it or simply keep it at this price instead of buying one later in the year.

Any thoughts?

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

It is a touch decision! I think I would gamble and return it or maybe even sell it for somewhere in between what you paid and retail cost.

I only say this because there is a good chance a new iPad will come out which will make the price of this iPad go down a bit.

On the same hand, if another iPad doesn't come out before then, there is a good chance that what you paid is the lowest it will go.

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I'd return it. There is a chance the refurbs could get cheaper after the new model is released.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

I recently bought a 1st gen Mini when they were on sale for $199 and while it was a good deal, I returned it even at that price.

5. GoingDark macrumors 6502

Return it. By November the new iPads will be out and you'll be able to get the previous generation for $100 cheaper.