iPad mini Ipad mini yellow light leak

Discussion in 'iPad' started by daxr1der, Nov 17, 2013.

1. daxr1der, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

daxr1der macrumors newbie

Hello, I bought an ipad mini wifi an Apple Store, and the evening watching a video 100 pourcent brightness. I've realized a beautiful yellow light leak on the corner screen, you have the same problem? I find it amazing that apple does not solve the problem since the first ipad retina. Do you think Apple will make me an exchange with a product that has the same problem? If you are not experiencing the problem can you give me your serial number? The mine begins DLXLK, LG?

I am getting tired of the quality at the time I had seven exchange ipad 3, and they all had the same problem ... What to do ? Thanks a lot

[​IMG]

2. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

Sharp Display, I think. As it's gonna happen when you have dark scenes in movies you may watch, I'm sure apple would replace it for you.

3. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

4. daxr1der thread starter macrumors newbie

5. cababah macrumors 68000

Exchange it. This is not an "Apple design" problem; it is a production QC issue.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7. gtmac macrumors 6502a

100% brightness In a dark room no kidding you'll have it!

I have the same exact thing. Otherwise perfect screen why exchange and risk something worse.

8. Radeon85 macrumors regular

I would change it. I bought an iPad Mini (1st gen) for my mum and it had horrible yellow light leak, and even on a black screen it had a yellow tint to it.

This was at 100% brightness in a darkish room. The replacement as you can see it perfect, 100% brightness in an almost pitch black room this time and no sign of yellowing at all, blacks very black and whites are pure white, plus the colours are slightly more vibrant on the replacement.

Even my iPad 4 at 100% brightness in a dark room has no light leakage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

10. Radeon85 macrumors regular

That's the main reason I got rid of the first one. The yellowing was visible even in decent lighting. The second pic, the blacks look a little light but just the camera making it look light. Blacks on it are very black.

I really hope my retina mini when it turns up looks as good as the second photo.

11. daxr1der thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok ok, but anyone have no problem leaks in the mini retina ? it's amazing with the price it cost to have this kind of problem, especially when you see the Apple products on their website design with quality materials, it is not normal to have such a defect.

12. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

13. daxr1der thread starter macrumors newbie

I ihave pad air before and I dont have this problem before but not left screen are yellow with white background, othe screen problem..,

14. stigman, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

stigman macrumors newbie

hello guys

This is my light leak problem on ipad mini retina. I think it looks not as bad as others, but i've been thinking of returning to the Apple Store. What do you think about that?

In the upper left corner.

Attached Files: