iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jakesaunders27, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Hi all,
    Definitely want an iPad mini but should I get the 64gb wifi or 32gb wifi and cellular? Is the cellular worth it? And why do iPad 2 owners not get Siri when the mini is pretty much the Sam expect and has Siri!?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I always state to get space over cellular, but only you will know what works best for you.

The Mini gets Siri because it probably has better microphones than the iPad 2.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Only you can decide if the cellular is worth it. I personally like having it.

4. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Yeah suppose thanks guys, what's your opinion on the mini

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Looking forward to having a smaller iPad. My 3rd gen is great, but there's times its just too much. My Mini will basically be for email, Internet, Netflix and iTunes Match.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I personally like it and since my ipad 2 is still chugging right along its specs don't bother me. Doesn't mean I'm buying one, but I would have no problem upgrading to it from my 2.

7. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Yeah, do like the size because i can take it everywhere and its a bit better size for carrying around, i do like my full size ipad and it will still get used but like you said there are times when it is a bit too big, what color you going to get?

8. arthurlc macrumors newbie

9. Noisemaker Guest

It's been stated all over - the iPad 2 won't get Siri because it wasn't released *after* Apple's deal with Nuance. It's new devices that are covered under their contract, not past devices. This is why it's on the iPod Touch 5th Gen, but not 4th as well.

As for cellular, it depends entirely on your needs. I have an iPhone that I always have with me and can always set up a mobile hotspot with, so a Wi-Fi iPad works just fine for me. If you have a phone with hotspot functionality, I'd say go the same route.

10. jakesaunders27 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

Yeah my BlackBerry has a hotspot functionality so might go 64gb i think

----------

I know i saw it this morning, already learnt to play it in garageband (bit sad i know but i was bored!!)