Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
For anyone looking for an iPad Mini, you may want to order from here:

http://www.tekserve.com/ipad-mini-wi-fi-white-silver-16gb.html

Thanks to someone on the forum for telling me about them.

I ordered my Mini by phone on Friday and received it this Monday morning. It was no tax.

So, for anyone looking for 16GB Mini (White), here is your best bet to get one within days.

Last edited:

Slowball41

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2012
awesome i just ordered from them i cant find a wifi only mini in white under 64gb anywhere, i just ordered today and it will ship today no sales tax if outside of NY state

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
awesome i just ordered from them i cant find a wifi only mini in white under 64gb anywhere, i just ordered today and it will ship today no sales tax if outside of NY state

Yep! Hopefully this helps some people trying to get them an iPad Mini quickly since its sold out in most stores.

Carla748

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks so much for the "Heads up" on Tekserve! I ordered my 32gb verizon mini this morning and they have already shipped it. Its coming FedEx ground for free. Price was $559 and no Tax since I live in San Diego and they are in New York. I should have it in 4-5 business days. Apple.com was $608 and 2 weeks to ship, and my local stores don't have any- I have been checking every night after 10 pm.

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
thank you! i just ordered a 16 gb wifi in black. they said i will get it by the end of the week and i live in california. no tax and free shipping.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Anyone ordered from this company and actually received theirs yet? I'm a little hesitant to order because I've never heard of them. I emailed to see if Texas is taxed (Amazon does so is it safe to assume they will too?).

Thanks.

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
Anyone ordered from this company and actually received theirs yet? I'm a little hesitant to order because I've never heard of them. I emailed to see if Texas is taxed (Amazon does so is it safe to assume they will too?).

Thanks.

Tekserve is one of the best Apple retailers in NYC, I've shopped there loads of times, their store might be small but they have everything you need.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008

Thanks.

Yes, I received mines.

Ordered Friday
Received FedEx on Monday morning

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Yes, I received mines.

Ordered Friday
Received FedEx on Monday morning

Good to hear--that's fast! Where do you live? Curious in regards to sales tax. I'm in Texas and am wondering if it will be tax-free or not.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Had to pick up some ribbon at WalMart today and saw that the mini is now available there.

Had not seen one before. It's sweet.

What city are you in? Must only be certain Walmarts. Mine has old Apple products all the time. They never got the Nexus 7 in either.

Back to the topic, I wonder how come more people are not ordering online if the Mini can be shipped that quickly. Just now thought about it, I guess if something was defective out of the box it will be somewhat of a pain to return. If purchased at a local Target/Best Buy/Apple store, the return process would be much easier. Saving $27 in tax is tempting though. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

LWP777

Suspended
Sep 20, 2010
I ordered my mini last night. They had everything in stock. Henry, the customer service agent was extremely professional and courteous. I live in CA. No sales tax. Free ground shipping. I couldn't wait so I paid $16 for 2nd day air. :D

I will be making all my future Mac purchases from them. No sales tax!

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
What city are you in? Must only be certain Walmarts. Mine has old Apple products all the time. They never got the Nexus 7 in either.

Way up north in Michigan, about 50 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. The mini and "new" iPad were on display, putting on a synchronized show of apps, maps, etc. Wasn't there last week.

Was so mesmerized by the mini that I didn't bother to look below the glass covered display to see how many minis were in stock.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Awesome! Read this thread 3min ago and placed my order for two iPad mini's for the kiddos. Canceling my Apple order now. Saving money on tax - icing on the cake :D
THANKS!!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
No problem! :D

I wish I would have known about them before I got my Macbook...could have saved over $100 on taxes. :(

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
For anyone looking for an iPad Mini, you may want to order from here:

http://www.tekserve.com/ipad-mini-wi-fi-white-silver-16gb.html

Thanks to someone on the forum for telling me about them.

I ordered my Mini by phone on Friday and received it this Monday morning. It was no tax.

So, for anyone looking for 16GB Mini (White), here is your best bet to get one within days.

Thank you so much you just made my Christmas shopping so easy

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Looking like OP needs to send this to the company for a little kick back for the new business they're gaining.

Wouldn't it be something though if their inventory is somehow tied to the stolen iPads in NY:D

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Looking like OP needs to send this to the company for a little kick back for the new business they're gaining.

Wouldn't it be something though if their inventory is somehow tied to the stolen iPads in NY:D

I'm trying to time mine where it can be delivered to my work. My wife and I both work during the day (Mon-Friday). Maybe I'll order it next Monday. Hope not everyone starts finding out about this company & they sell out too!

juliuspierpont

macrumors member
May 11, 2007
I almost didn't order from these guys because I was concerned about being scammed. I did research online checking reviews, tho, and decided to take the plunge. Just ordered a 32 gig black wifi. They'll ship it out Thursday, free shipping, no tax (saved $38 here in WA), and hopefully I'll have it much sooner than Apple was going to get it to me (Dec 14).

William was very pleasant and helpful. No pressure to buy anything else. Granted I don't have the mini yet, but as far as their service and ease of ordering go, I can certainly recommend them. I'll check back in with an edit when I receive the mini. William said they have 700 in stock, so if you're anxious to get one, this could be the place.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008

Haha. I doubt that. They are a well respected company that has been seeing Apple products for years in NY.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I'm going to call now and see if I can pick up in person.

I live in NY anyways so if they ship to me I can't save the tax :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.