iPad mirroring (w/Apple TV) issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mcclure, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mcclure macrumors member

When I mirror my iPad using Apple TV I lose a portion of the screen. I'm using a Dell S300WI projector with HDMI. Apple TV shows full size on the screen which is great, but when I mirror the iPad I lose a couple inches off the top and bottom (along with a large amount on the sides which is expected).

The projector has a resolution of 1280x800, so I'm guessing the output when I mirror is at 720 lines so I lose about 10% of the vertical space. I have the same issue on an older LCD television in my classroom. When I mirror on my TV at home using Apple TV, I don't have this issue. The iPad mirroring uses the full height of the television.

Anyone else having this issue, or know of a way to not have this happen? I called Dell to see if I could override the resolution on the projector. I tried to clarify with the person and asked if they really knew the issue I was having. They told me they did and then said the solution was to adjust the feet on the projector. I hung up at that point.

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Mirroring , is exactly what it says, it mirrors wants on the ipad screen, including the resolution (1024x768), there is no scaling involved so unless your display has the exact same resolution, you will always have space round the edges.

3. Mcclure thread starter macrumors member

As stated in my post many of the devices you can mirror an iPad to auto adjust the image like my television at home.

4. DefBref macrumors 6502

TV have an inbuilt scaler (mostly so old SD broadcasts don't appear in a box in the middle of the screen), by the sound of it your PJ doesn't have a scaler, hence the blank edges.

5. kwadwo macrumors newbie

Another issue

When connecting wireless to the s300wi on my mac (Mountain lion), the screen is just black, and the courser is coping itself all over the place... ?