iPad - MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Grolsch30, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Grolsch30 macrumors member

Dec 25, 2007
    Bergen, Germany

I have downloaded the free find my iPhone/iPad app and looked at the instructions on the website etc

It says if I have an iTunes account then I have a user Id to log onto MobileMe.

Now every time when I try to log onto mobile me with my user I'd it states I need to put the email address in which is a hotmail account.

Now when I put in my user I'd@ hotmail.... And my password which is the same as the one I use to log on to iTunes.

It keeps saying incorrect password or user I'd?????

Can anyone help me out here?

2. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Mar 12, 2010
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Hi, not sure if this will help -- but maybe it is asking for the MobileMe form of your address. Try using the same ID you used to sign up for MobileMe/iTunes with "@me.com" (instead of your hotmail address.)

Is this an official App you loaded? I have the full MobileMe, so I haven't played around with the non-subscriber features.
  3. Grolsch30 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 25, 2007
    Bergen, Germany
    Hi thanks for the reply,

The app is an official :apple:App which I downloaded from iTunes and according to the :apple:Website you don't necessarily need the app you should be able to set it up via settings / email accounts / MobileMe.....

I've tried logging on with the @me.com and hotmail.com but always says invalid username or password.

When I tried to create a new account with the same details as I have know (but does not work), and I try to register it it then says account already in use!!!

Might have to go into :apple:Store when I can to see what they say.

Cheers now