iPad - MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Grolsch30, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Grolsch30 macrumors member

Hi,

I have downloaded the free find my iPhone/iPad app and looked at the instructions on the website etc

It says if I have an iTunes account then I have a user Id to log onto MobileMe.

Now every time when I try to log onto mobile me with my user I'd it states I need to put the email address in which is a hotmail account.

Now when I put in my user I'd@ hotmail.... And my password which is the same as the one I use to log on to iTunes.

It keeps saying incorrect password or user I'd?????

Can anyone help me out here?

Cheers:)

2. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Hi, not sure if this will help -- but maybe it is asking for the MobileMe form of your address. Try using the same ID you used to sign up for MobileMe/iTunes with "@me.com" (instead of your hotmail address.)

Is this an official App you loaded? I have the full MobileMe, so I haven't played around with the non-subscriber features.

3. Grolsch30 thread starter macrumors member

Hi thanks for the reply,

The app is an official :apple:App which I downloaded from iTunes and according to the :apple:Website you don't necessarily need the app you should be able to set it up via settings / email accounts / MobileMe.....

I've tried logging on with the @me.com and hotmail.com but always says invalid username or password.

When I tried to create a new account with the same details as I have know (but does not work), and I try to register it it then says account already in use!!!

Might have to go into :apple:Store when I can to see what they say.

Cheers now