Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I have a feeling you will get some random phone calls after this...

But, very nicely done, thanks for the videos

erillanos

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
I hope thats not your real number .

and thanks for showing how that background app works.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
Why are you using the iPad app to show multitasking? The ipad app runs in the background ANYWAY...

Reed Rothchild

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Blighty
Ah so the Spirit jailbreak is now out in the wild :). Wonder how long it'll be before Apple fixes that one.

What will be interesting is finding out how much of a battery drain user-initiated multitasking will be. I've never found it that much of a drain on an iphone, but it does of course depend on types of apps you're running simultaneously.

If the devs/hackers create as much for the iPad as they've done for the iPhone then the iPad has just become 1000% more interesting :).

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
Backgrounder works great. I'm just missing the visual representation of multitasking.

Has anyone bought multifl0w? Does it work well on the ipad?

Reed Rothchild

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Blighty
Backgrounder works great. I'm just missing the visual representation of multitasking.

Has anyone bought multifl0w? Does it work well on the ipad?

I guess someone will write something specifically for the iPad over time. Backgrounder is still the same app that runs on the iphone. Double tap of the home button does show a nice list of running apps with the option to end any of them. The important thing is that the iPad's jailbroken so we should see apps like backgrounderHD in due course ;).

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
I guess someone will write something specifically for the iPad over time. Backgrounder is still the same app that runs on the iphone. Double tap of the home button does show a nice list of running apps with the option to end any of them. The important thing is that the iPad's jailbroken so we should see apps like backgrounderHD in due course ;).

Can't seem to find a list of running apps. Double clicking home doesn't do anything? :confused:

Reed Rothchild

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Blighty
Can seem to find a list of running apps? :confused:

Ah sorry. So you're running it now on the ipad and the double tap doesn't show the list of running apps? Hmm that's going to be annoying! I've not installed it yet, but will probably have a look at it later today. I think for now the moral is - expect nothing to work and rejoice if it does :). Updated apps will soon follow.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
Ah sorry. So you're running it now on the ipad and the double tap doesn't show the list of running apps? Hmm that's going to be annoying! I've not installed it yet, but will probably have a look at it later today. I think for now the moral is - expect nothing to work and rejoice if it does :). Updated apps will soon follow.

Haha, it still is great though, even if it's not the prettiest multitasking solution.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Backgrounder by itself doesn't include a list of running apps (on the iPhone or iPad). I think you mean Kirikae.

Reed Rothchild

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Blighty
Backgrounder by itself doesn't include a list of running apps (on the iPhone or iPad). I think you mean Kirikae.

Ah yes of course.

I've just installed backgrounder and that seems to be working ok. Kirikae appears to crash springboard :eek:. However, I've already noticed package updates for the core components within an hour of installing Cydia. Looks like things are moving fast ;).

iphonewoman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
sorry my assistant has a shy voice....

anyways the voip as is Siphon found on cydia
Multifl0w shows you how you can switch between apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.