iPad music app as bad as ever.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mcdj, Sep 12, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The music app on the iPad remains mind boggingly bad. Same corny wood trim. No obvious shuffle button (the tiny white shuffle symbol button is barely visible and the shuffle-on state is grey, otherwise universally known as disabled.) iTunes Match is sluggish and makes the app unresponsive at times. Overall, the player is slow to operate, unintuitive, and ugly. If they changed a thing from iOS 5, I'm not seeing it.

I don't understand how they can revamp the desktop iTunes, redo the iPhone music player, but leave the iPad stuck in last years hideous state.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I wouldn't say it's awful, but I did like it before they revamped it.

3. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

I've never had any problems with its performance, but its appearance and user interface is so awful. I'm surprised Apple released it.

4. throys macrumors 6502

Maybe its work in progress, they probably spending more of thier time on priorities like the new maps and iphone 5. I bet soon it will get a revamp

5. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

I don't remember the last time they totally overhauled an app for a dot release. If that's the case, it means no new music app til iOS7.

I also just noticed that you can't download individual tracks from the cloud...there's only one download button and it's for the entire album. Thank god for grandfathered unlimited data.

6. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a revamp until iOS7. There's hope though: no skeumorphism in iTunes 11.

7. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

Yeah, iTunes 11 and the iPhone app look great.

8. noty macrumors member

noty

Really disappointed to hear this, especially the part about iTunes match. I switched to using Spotify partly because of how awful the music app on iPad was. Guess I won't be switching back anytime soon.

9. imacken macrumors 65816

Yes, you can. Just tap on the individual track and it downloads.

10. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Er, yes you can.