iPad Music

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wd89, Dec 15, 2010.

1. wd89 macrumors member

Had a go on an iPad in an Apple Store for the third time this year (first time using iOS 4.2) and have finally come to the conclusion that I will be getting one! Seems so much smoother than my iPod touch (1st Gen) :eek: and love the size of the screen.

I'll be getting the 2nd Gen iPad considering I've waited all this time but I have a few of questions about the current default music app.

1. When browsing the music in "Albums" view I noticed that the albums are arranged alphabetically by title and not by artist. I looked for a settings option but couldn't see one... is there a way to change the order of the albums like iTunes (e.g sort by year, genre...)?

2. When you click to play a song, the artwork appears full-screen. Is there a way to stop that happening?

3. Silly question... audiobooks and podcasts are in the left side menu in the Apple Stores but i don't have any - will they disappear when I sync it with my computer or do they still appear with "no content"?

2. swirlybee macrumors member

I have podcasts but no audiobooks. They still appear on the left side with "no content"

3. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

Sorry to say dude, the answer to all three is NO.