IPad Name in iCloud Backup Settings

Discussion in 'iPad' started by IPadNParadise, Jun 17, 2017.

1. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

Just got my new 12.9" iPad Pro. Setup from backup from my iPad Pro 9.7". Checking everything out in Settings and noticed in iCloud Backups my ipp 9.7 shows correctly even with its white bezels. The 12.9 ipp says ipad pro 9.7" also. It does show a larger pic compared to the 9.7 listed and a correct serial number (it also shows black bezels, it has white, no biggie there). Can you guys check your icloud back in Settings on your 12.9 and see if it indeed shows 12.9 ipad pro or is it incorrect like mine? Kinda bugs me, its incorrect

2. dsusanj macrumors newbie

If you restored from iCloud backup, the device name was restored from it as well and that's why it probably says 9.7" as this is what you used for your previous iPad.

3. IPadNParadise thread starter macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

Thank you, I wondered that. Is that gonna be a problem?

4. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Nah. You can just change it in iTunes or the settings on the iPad itself.

I restored my new iPad from an iPhone back up because I had setting and saves I wanted kept, and I was able to rename it just fine.

5. IPadNParadise thread starter macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I have changed to correct name iPad Pro 12.9" in General>About but everywhere else in Settings the device name shows, it is still showing as an iPad Pro 9.7". I even tried Restarting it after I corrrected it in About. I know, such a little problem when all else works so well. And I know I caused it!

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You are fine. If you changed your iPad name the next time you do a backup it will show the correct name.

7. IPadNParadise thread starter macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

Yes, you were right! Thank you, did a backup and all settings now say ipad pro 12.9"