iPad Nano

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xMBPx, Feb 28, 2011.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

Apple should rename the iPod Touch the iPad Nano. That would make much more sense and they wouldn't have critics screaming "iPad is just a giant iPod Touch!"

2. darngooddesign, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

darngooddesign macrumors G3

1. It is a large iPod Touch**.

2. Maybe they could rename the iPod Touch the iPad Mini.

3. I think they should rename the iPad the iPod Touch XL.

4. If they called it the iPod Nano, what would they call the current Classic and Nano iPods which are smaller than the iPod Touch?

**Get over it; there's nothing wrong with this because a large TV is much nicer than a small TV.

3. WLS macrumors 65816

NO.

The iPods and iPads are separated by a spec gulf. Foremost is the different resolutions so Apps for one will not run properly on the other and the iPods will not have 3g cellular radios. Now there might be a larger iPod but it will not have the features of an iPad. I think a 5-6 inch iPod Touch will come to market and for the reason that at less than 6 inches the device is still pocketable which is a feature that most want. I made some mockups and they do fit a pocket as long as you aren't wearing tight jeans.

4. xMBPx, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

Your post was so full of holes, I don't even know where to begin.

1. If it is a large iPod Touch, class the similar products in that family name.

2. ??? why.

3. iPad and iPod touch are a lot more capable than the rest of the iPod line up. The iPad is clearly a different class than an iPod. But a iPod touch is more closely related to the iPad than the iPod line up.

4. I said iPad nano. There's no reason to change the iPod nano, etc...

"**Get over it. There's nothing wrong with that because a large TV is much nicer than a small TV."

You said "TV" twice. You can't even trick yourself into thinking both shouldn't be called by the same classification , i.e. iPad.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

After re-reading your post multiple times, all I can come up with is..."What?"

1. It essentially is a large iPod Touch. It is the device most closely related to the iPad, so it wouldn't be strange for them to be under the same name. Besides, wasn't this the point you were trying to prove in your first post? I'm so confused.

2. Why would you say "Why?" iPad Mini is essentially the same thing as an iPad Nano except it's less confusing. Confused by your response once again...

3. Your point is proving his point even more. You're saying the iPod Touch and iPad are similar, which is what he was saying. Even more confused now...

4. Just flat out confused.

Your final statement: What??? Who cares how many times he said TV. What does that have to do with anything?

6. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

You got number 3 & 4 got mixed around..

The last statement was talking about how he told me to get over it, because a larger TV is nicer than a smaller TV? He flat out calls them both a TV, which are the same thing. So, the iPad and iPod touch need the same base name.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It doesn't matter what Apple calls them. The iPad is large iPod Touch or the iPod Touch is a small iPad.

Why not? makes as much sense as calling it the iPad Nano because you don't like people calling the iPad a big iPod Touch, and it does bother you, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread.

Its the same class, just larger.

The fact that you said iPad Nano means that you think they are the same type of device. Doesn't matter what Apple calls them, one is a larger version of the other.

Both TVs are the same kind of device, differentiated by size; same as the iPod Touch and iPad.

In the end, why do you care how someone else perceives the iPad?

8. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

iPod nano should just be iPod

I don't think the nano really needs that moniker anymore. The iPod nano is really the only true iPod apple sells now. Just call it an iPod. I know they still sell the one model of iPod classic, and they can just keep it the iPod classic.

iPad > big iPod touch (I have both and the differences are too many in number to list here)

9. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

Apple said they designed the ipad before the ipod touch and iphone so essentially the ipod touch is a small ipad. and also a lot the tablets coming out are big versions of a smaller counterpart. the palmpad, and alot of android tablets. they all run a version of a mobile OS. they are not designed to be computers. they are designed to be a middle device.

10. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

but the iPod touch is a iPod with a touch screen, it is not just a small iPad, where as an iPod nano, is just a small iPod.

a Swimming Pool is just a bigger Bathtub, but it's much better.

a Lake is much nicer than a Puddle

a King Sized Bed will be a better nights sleep than a Lilo

an Audi RS6 is miles better than a Fiat 500

you'd get much more enjoyment out of a 2L bottle of Dr Pepper, than a Thimble of Water

the list goes on...