iPad iPad needs a flat keyboard that is the same surface as the trackpad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jozero, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jozero macrumors regular

I really like the simplicity of the iPad as a consumption tool. When trying to use it as a creation tool though it isn't quite there.

While you can four finger swipe between Spaces in OSX by barely moving your hands, doing the same on the iPad with a keyboard attached is really annoying. Never mind all the other gestures like two finger move the cursor, rotate, zoom, etc.

iPad needs a keyboard accessory that is the same surface as a trackpad, keys etched into it but perfectly smooth, that also acts as multi-touch trackpad. It can than move all the nice gestures we've gotten used to with OSX to the iPad and iOS.

This super flat sleek touchpad keyboard would also integrate fantastically into an iPad cover. This to me is an exciting forward thinking solution. I'm kind of surprised by the clunky one they have released for the iPad Pro.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPad has no Spaces, and you can switch between apps with alt+tab.

3. jozero thread starter macrumors regular

Sure it does. You can "swipe" between apps using four fingers. I do it all the time when not using a physical keyboard. Conceptually how is that different than spaces ? You can even "drag" slowly between the left and right side and see what app is in the "space"

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think of that as app switching. A Space in a Mac computer can contain multiple apps in each Space.