iPad iPad newbie

Discussion in 'iPad' started by portcontrol7, Mar 28, 2014.

1. portcontrol7 macrumors member

Hey folks,

I know this sounds dumb, but I just got an iPad Air 128gb and I don't know what to do with it. I mean it seems like a bigger iPod to me. What awe things can I do with this thing. Like games that aren't cheesy like angry birds and stuff to mix it up with my iPod and RMBP? I'd like to draw and make cartoons and awesome stuff.

I also got two ue booms that sound awesome with it. Thank y'all!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

You can pretty much do anything you want !

Scour the App Store for games and App's that might interest you.

The Air is powerful enough to be able to play games with ease.

Look at downloading the free productivity apps such as Pages and Numbers and Keynote etc.

I use a MBA but the Air is now used more.

Enjoy.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Use it for reading, emails, playing some games as you mentioned. Its only limited by your imagination :)

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Wow .... Quite a strange question from someone that signed in since 2011 :confused:

Btw the answer is just : use it.
    Try apps and games.
    You'll end up using your iPod and your rMBP less and less over the time

5. portcontrol7 thread starter macrumors member

Yup, I already notice that. This thing rules. Only complaint is the home button feels cheap and makes lots of noise.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Are you sure it isn't defective ? Mine isn't loud at all ...
    Btw you can use gestures. I actually almost never use my home button on the iPad :D

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

http://www.apple.com/ipad/
    Many examples of uses of iPad

8. Nipommu macrumors regular

what does being a member of a apple forum since 2011 have to do with op wondering about a product he/she never purchased before? maybe its their first ipad purchase.

what i'd do with that much storage is download a video downloader and download videos from website and youtube and store them. it'll be like carrying your video library with you. and if you have apple tv then even better u can airplay all the vids u have onto a TV.

9. Rodster macrumors 68040

Because he purchased the most expensive iPad sans LTE. You would figure spending that kind of money would ensure the purchaser would have justified the purchase before asking the question on a forum.

10. Nipommu macrumors regular

maybe he had the cash to spend, maybe he earns more than most people who need 100% justification on every single purchase. if a person has money to spend on lavish things whats the problem? and why would you figure someone buying an LTE 128gb have all the answers to justify the purchase?

also asking on a forum doesn't translate into buyers remorse or qualify the purchase as a mistake. it only signifies that this person is curious to what he can do with the new ipad. as i said before, maybe this is his first purchase.

i could have money lying around and purchased a ferrari and explore ferrari forums and ask questions about its functionality, performance, etc etc

11. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Since you like to draw, you might want to check out Sketchbook Pro, Artrage, and Brushes in the App Store. You'll likely want to get a stylus for drawing. You can watch movies from Netflix and other sources of course, reading novels or your favorite magazines, You Tube, browse the internet, etc... The fun to be had is endless :D