ipad no longer seeing airport express

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by foghat01, Feb 23, 2015.

1. foghat01 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have something weird going on with my Ipad 3. As of somewhat recently, it no longer see my airport express (or my network enabled airplay receiver). It does see my apple tv.

What is strange is that I have the airport utility app on the ipad and it sees my airport express fine. Green dot, shows the connection is excellent, see the ip address, etc.

But when I try use the airplay icon within an app or the Airplay functionality from swiping up on the bottom of the screen, the airport express does not show up. And, as a bit of an aside, I only see the apple tv using the 'swipe up' functionality. With the icon from within an app, I only see 'ipad'.

I have tried rebooting, resetting networks settings, turning wifi on and off, all to no avail.

My iphone 5s sees the airport express no problem (along with my receiver and apple tv). both are on the same network.

Any thoughts?

2. foghat01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind.

Just realized when it brings up the airplay list, you can scroll through it. There are no scroll indicators and I am pretty sure it used to display more than just 2 items (one in the case of the app airplay button).