iPad non-connectivity

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cheeryble, Jun 30, 2011.

1. cheeryble, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

cheeryble macrumors regular

Hi there

despite my huge disappointment with my iPad and it's uselessness for doing much more than reading and listening, I shall try to be non-condemnatory and just ask about my latest problem.
    I was in my favourite ice cream parlour last night here in Chiangmai Thailand and for the first time I failed to connect automatically to the wireless there.
    I decided to try entering the password again (I had done it once months ago). No. I tried switching airplane mode on then off and wireless off then on. I turned the iPad off then on a couple of times.
    No go. Ah well I thought just a hiccup.
    Then I went home.
    What? For the first time my home network would not connect.
    Hmmm I thought, maybe the internet's not good I'll reboot everything including the router.
    Errrr no go.
    OK Let's try my Macbook. Fine.
    So now next morning, again my Macbook is working very well but the iPad, even if I enter the (correct) password, will not connect.

Any suggestions please?

2. RayK macrumors 6502

Try resetting you network settings. To do this goto settings app then to general then to reset. Ten reset network settings. If that doesnt fix the issue try a dfu restore. Search the forum for info on that. If you still have issues contact apple.

3. cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx Ray
    Actually the iPad started connecting OK next day.
    Just another pain in the ass that night, to go with not being able to do most of what i want to do.
    A very expensive toy/viewer/reader, but mostly annoying because of the fanfare. Had I known it's huge limitations i could have got a small Air, a proper computer.
    Most people I know with iPads are giving them to their kids....
    Thnx anyway I'll remember for future.