Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markosb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
I know the above has been discussed, I started syncing just a little bit ago with 92% on the battery meter, when it was done "long backup time" it was at 100%, so it must be charging despite the message next to the battery.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I think the word was it doesn't charge while the screen is on, but does trickle charge when off.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
Think of it like the old "does the refrigerator light stay on when it's closed" question back in the day. You can't tell when the screen's turned off.

Didn't some company come out with a fridge with a sliding slit that you could peer through? :confused:

markosb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
My device was syncing during this period, so the screen was on, it was during that time it charged.

markosb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Why would it say not charging next to the battery icon? Perhaps it was a slow charge, later this evening, when I sync again I will leave it. It probably won't help to do a screen shot, but i will do one anyways.

nsdjoe

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Charging fine from a Lenovo u330 laptop, though it does indeed say "Not Charging."

I'll set the screen to not dim and see if it charges with the screen on. update to come.

Edit: Confirmed it does NOT charge while the screen is on.

markosb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Hmmmm charged/sync'd from a desktop powered USB hub while I was using the desktop... Said not charging but ended up charging. I will check later tonight, maybe it was a fluke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.