iPad iPad Not Restoring

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrcowdude20, Jun 19, 2014.

1. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Whenever I select my IPSW from iTunes, it extracts it. Then I always get an error code. I've searched ways to solve the error. Then I get another one.

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 on 7.0 that needs to be restored because of issues. I don't want to upgrade to 7.1 because I want to jailbreak again.

I have put it in recovery mode, DFU mode, used TinyUmbrella, went on different computers, updated iTunes, changed the host file. Seems like everything.

I think I am officially done with Apple because I am just having problem after problem.

Please help me, its so frustrating having paid $700 and it doesn't even work.

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

You cannot install an IPSW that is not currently being signed. Your only option is 7.1.1

3. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

I'm always surprised at these posts as it's pretty clear you know quite a bit about this stuff to try all this but don't see the countless posts and things saying what you want to do can't be done. 7.1.1 is your only choice. Sorry

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Threadstarter's knowledge may all be "out of date".
    He tried using TinyUmbrella which hasn't worked for restores since iOS4 days.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

So, it used to be you could restore an iPad with firmware Apple was no longer signing?

7. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

On A4 devices like the iphone 4, yes.

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    I knew about the iP4. Wasn't clear the iPad also qualified for restoring to a firmware Apple no longer signs.

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

only the 1st ipad since that runs on the A4 processor

10. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: I restored to iOS 7.1.1 and my issue is still there. The WiFi suddenly stopped working. I thought it was a problem with the jailbreak, say I installed a bad version of a tweak, and even with my clean, fresh restored iPad it still doesn't connect to my WiFi. It connects fine at my school, but no where else.

Any ideas? I'm soon going to Apple but I'd rather do it myself. First time happening.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Did you do a restore to backup ? If so, you may have re-introduced the issue after the restore.

For best results, do a clean restore, do not restore to back-up and test it immediately after the restore and before doing anything to iPad.

12. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

I did a clean restore, and tried connecting to the WiFi as the first thing I did.

13. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Try connecting to it as an "other" network. You'll have to manually type in the SSID and PSK. It's an odd trick I had to use on my old i5 from time to time.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it connects fine to other wifi networks but not yours then it's likely the router. Either needs to be restarted or doesn't play well with your iPad.
    If your iPad has no problems connecting to other networks then test it at multiple different wireless networks to be sure.

15. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

Kinda wierd. iPad just suddenly stopped connecting. Many users had this issue, but after the clean restore I can connect to it, just I have to stay 1 foot away from the router. If I move 1 foot, 5 inches away, it drops me. Could it possibly be a iPad hardware issue? Maybe from it accidentally falling on the carpet from a couch drop? No clue. Thanks for your help!

16. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Upgrade your router firmware.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, if you dropped it then that's probably why wifi is acting up.
    Maybe the wifi antenna inside is loose.
    Shouldn't drop connection from only a few feet away.

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are now saying this Wifi failure began after the iPad was dropped - it would have been nice to have that info in the original post.

Hardware failure could be the reason.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There wasn't any wifi info on the 1st post:)
    It's coming out slowly.
    It was all I'm having issues with Apple I paid $700 but never he said why or what kind of issues.
    Again it's all Apples fault.
    You can drop it but it should always keep working cause you paid $700:)

20. mrcowdude20 thread starter macrumors regular

The drop was honestly nothing big at all, the wifi was working before and after the drop. iPad was working fine -> small drop -> still working fine for 2 months -> suddenly stopped working

Never knew that a 2 foot high drop could damage it that bad...guess I gotta go back to school and learn some more. Jokes aside...I suppose I gotta go to a new post b/c this is way off topic. Got the iPad restored. The original reason to the restoration is because the wifi stopped while I was jailbroken, and I though a tweak could have changed something dealing with the WiFi. Now that I'm restored clean, it could be something else.

I'm going to see if there is a firmware update. Just to add on, my work computer seems to drop wifi quite often as well, although this is many rooms away. It has a strong signal, just gets dropped.

Another possible reason is that when friends come over they join the network, and we have about 10 wifi devices on one router, let alone friends and family that connect. Could that play a role in this?

21. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

if they're all using wifi at the same time, interference could play a factor in you being connected but everything is loading slowly

although dropping seems to imply you get disconnected from the network

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe you need to update your routers firmware or just get a new router if many experience connection drops like that.
    Not sure what else.
    If the ipad is having wifi issues on many different routers then it might be something internally hardware wrong with it.

23. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

No one here can determine if you have a hardware failure or not, we are simply speculating that there may be a correlation. Besides, Wifi hardware failures can and have occurred without any sort of dropping mishap.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Excuse number one.
    Just a tiny few feet drop it shouldn't break or cause any damage.
    But guess what? Who really knows how big of a drop it really was or how many times it really got dropped:)
    Either way electronics are sensitive and any kind of misuse can cause hardware faults.