Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
I'm tried connecting my iPad to my new iMac, but all it does is charges. Neither the iMac, or iTunes sees the iPad so I can't sync.

What's the issue here?

Oh and also, it happened the other day, and I installed another iTunes over the one I had before, and iTunes saw the iPad, but it's happening again now.

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
This happened to me yesterday. I restarted the ipad - no go. I restarted my iMac - everything returned to normal. It's just the way computers and mobile devices work - that is, nothing is perfect. And who knows what the problem was?! Restarts every now and again are a good thing, especially after updating software or installing new software.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
This happened to me yesterday. I restarted the ipad - no go. I restarted my iMac - everything returned to normal. It's just the way computers and mobile devices work - that is, nothing is perfect. And who knows what the problem was?! Restarts every now and again are a good thing, especially after updating software or installing new software.

I restarted the iMac 3 times...and it still wouldn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.