IPad not syncing, charging, or bluetooth....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Spute, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Spute macrumors newbie

I cannot get my Ipad hooked to my Mac no matter what I try. I've tried all the rebooting sequences and even bought a new cable. It's plugged directly into the back of my mac but does not show up under devices. I have not tried reinstalling itunes because, frankly, I shouldn't have to. The bluetooth does not connect in 5 tries. This is frustrating.

What are my options?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Try a reset from your iPad - reset all content and settings. If it still won't show up, book a genius appointment. My iPad refused to charge or be seen by iTunes and I got a replacement there and then.

3. Spute thread starter macrumors newbie

I took it to the Genius bar. They confirmed that the Ipad was faulty and replaced it right then and there.

Coincidentally- it was the very last day of my warranty. I got luckier then heck on that one!

4. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

wow yeah you did get lucky. although i have heard of stories of them still covering a product when they just recently out of warranty, which does not always happen.

Its great that they replaced it. Don't you get an extended warranty on the replacement? In case it is defective as well?

5. Spute thread starter macrumors newbie

They gave this new one an extra 90 days.