iPad not visible to find my iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wackymacky, Sep 4, 2011.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I have a paid MobileMe account.

My iPhone can find itself but can't find my iPad. ( iPad 1, 3G)

My iPad can find my iPhone but can't "find" it self.

I can't ping it with a message.

All the other gps dependent apps can get a gps location, and likewise all the net based apps can get a Internet connection, so the iPad's hardware must be working.

I've tried turning the gps off and on, turning airplane mode on and off, turning the device off and on, signing out and back in, even deleting the find my iPhone app and reinstalling.

Despite all of these attempts my iPad is invisible to the find my iPhone service.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. NTeggerdine macrumors member

Are you talking about a Bluetooth connection or an Internet connection? Or are you talking about the "find my iPhone" app? Sorry I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do here.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

Did you enable the find my iPhone in the mail settings part under the MobileMe banner on the iPad?

4. wackymacky thread starter macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I'm not sure if it is a glitch my iPad has running the Find my iPhone Apps, or a problem at Apple's server.

(I last tried it aprox 4 months ago and it was working fine then!)

What I know is the maps app, and also a GPS navigation app both get a GPS signal and will display the location of the iPAd.

The browser and other internet apps go onto the internet by on WiFi and 3G.

When I open the Find my iPhone App on my iPad, my iPhone or log on to MobleMe on a computer and use the Find my iPhone interface:

1 )Both the iPad and iPhone are listed
    2)The iPhone is found and can receive messages.
    2) The iPad has the little red dot next to it, it cant be located or receive a pushed message from the computer, iPhone or iPad.

I know it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice if it would work.