iPad notification and passcode issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by m20e3087, Nov 4, 2015.

1. m20e3087 macrumors newbie

My GF is stressed out because she thinks her parents got hold of her passcode and went through her iPad. She said she is not any new notifications because some one already saw it. Wanted to know if some tries to use wrong passcode several times does the notification go away? Also is there any way without knowing the passcode to get access the iPad? She is super nervous because now she it not receiving any notifications.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

No
    Yes, messages can be viewed via icloud.com or signing in on another device. Passcode is not needed to snoop, just password and user account.
    Notifications turned off? There is more than one way to silent notifications.

3. m20e3087 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response. She receives her i-messages and some notifications. What are other ways it can get turned off? also her notification is set to manual.

4. m20e3087 thread starter macrumors newbie

My next question is, is there some way to track the time of log in, so we can make sure no one tired to accesses while she was way?

5. 960design macrumors 68020

There is no 'manual' setting within Settings > Notifications. You may be looking under Do Not Disturb. I recommend googling Apple iPad notifications. There is too much to copy and paste into this format.

6. 960design, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

960design macrumors 68020

You will receive email notifications if someone accesses your account via the web. The iPad does not display the last login time through its built in user interface. There are many ways to determine the last time it was logged in, but I imagine too complex for the typical user.

Not for the faint of heart ( but a general overview )
    Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data