iPad now available on Three UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ryan.hayes79, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ryan.hayes79 macrumors member

iPad has now been launched on Three UK. The details from the blog is below:

If you haven’t already spotted them, our plans for iPad with WiFi + 3G have been revealed on Three.co.uk – head to three.co.uk/iPad for all the details. We’ve got both Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go plans on on Three.

iPad with WiFi + 3G will be available in selected 3Stores from today.* You’ll also find a useful FAQ on three.co.uk/iPad which should help to answer a few of your questions.

And because we’ve got the UK’s biggest 3G network we hope we’ll be able to give you a brilliant mobile iPad experience. You can check out the endorsements of our Mobile Broadband network from YouGov’s most recent surveys here .

2. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I already have an iPad. But I bought a Mifi with the iPad data plan. Much better.

3. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

haha - have you seen the prices? only desperate ones would get those!

4. afd macrumors 6502a

...or only the ones that can do sums or put a few numbers into a spreadsheet.

[​IMG]

you get 10GB a month with the 3 unsubsidised plan and 15GB with the subsidised plan. I know which I'd go for.

5. afd macrumors 6502a

Am planning to get a 3mifi to go with my wifi iPad. If I was getting an iPad today I might be tempted to get a 3G from three and spend another £50 on a mifi. Most of the time if I need to browse away from home I could just take the 3G iPad but if I needed to use a laptop I could put the sim from the iPad into the mifi. Assuming that an iPad sim with will work in a mifi and three don't notice or care.

6. ryan.hayes79 thread starter macrumors member

I don't see any reason why they would care. The stores even have a microsim to standard sim adapter that they are able to provide free of charge if you ask. This would allow you to take your microsim from iPad and use it in another device like a dongle or mi-fi.

7. afd macrumors 6502a

o2 noticed and cared when I put a PAYG iphone sim into a SE K800 to use as a modem.

8. ryan.hayes79 thread starter macrumors member

Operators tend to mind if you tether a phone account as the internet is usually sold as "handset only" and have additional options for using it with a computer and tethering.

I think you will find Three is no different in that respect.

9. paulcdb macrumors regular

surprised more don't offer WiFi only iPad plus MiFi as an option for £15-£20... might just be tempted then.

roll on iPad 2, maybe that will tempting enough!

10. afd macrumors 6502a

can't justify having 2 Mk1 iPads in the house so will give this a miss for now, however when Mk2 comes out, or even if they offer a £330 discount on an Air and a Mifi I might bite.