iPad now or wait it out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jedi5, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

Got a 64gb iPad yesterday which is still unopened.
    Going to take it back for a 16gb... if I can find one.

With all these threads from brightness to yellow tint to battery issues...

Should I wait it out for a few weeks for the bugs to be worked out?
    Seems like a hit or miss, just don't want to be on the miss side.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What you see in the forums represents a small portion of the overall iPad population ... people rarely post, "Everything is perfect," even if the vast majority are.

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

My advice, don't obsess about the 'issues' being brought up in these threads--it happens at EVERY product release and waiting for them to dissipate before making a purchase will result in you never buying your gear. Remember, people aren't making threads (well, for the most part) exclaiming how absolutely perfect their unit is--all you see on these forums are the gripes but in context against ALL purchases made, they're a very small percentage. Also, you can always either return within the first 2 weeks if you're not satisfied with your unit or have the device swapped out at an Apple Store if it's defective.

Out of curiosity, why go from 64 to 16 GB? Most questions posed here are should I get more, not less and from my own personal experience, I would find it a general pain in the a$$ to try to manage my apps/music/video/etc with only about 12-13 GB available.

4. Jedi5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jedi5

I did the 64gb with iPad 1. Don't think I ever got close to 20gigs used.
    Currently have a 16gb iPad 2 and I'm only half way full.
    I don't have to many apps/video/pics on my iPad.
    64 is overkill for me.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I would think twice about going to a 16gb device.

6. Sdevante macrumors 6502

I got a 16gb with the best screen of any iPad I've ever had, no light bleed, no dead pixels. Perfect.

My iPad 2 was 64 gb and I had it loaded down with crap, but this time, I thought about what I truly use it for, and deleted all the apps that I never use, and just stream videos/music from my home computer, and I have 6 gb free.

I think 16gb is just fine depending on how you use it, and I agree that the yellow tint, etc., issues popping up on this forum are not necessarily representative.

7. bbapps macrumors regular

I too was nervous, but just got back from apple store, picked up a 32g WiFi. Display is fine, been using for an hour+ with no noticable heat build up. Seems fine to me.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I don't think you are going to see anything change by waiting a few weeks.