iPad oddities

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mars478, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Hello, I purchased a 64Gb white iPad wifi from tekserve today (reserved one and then they called me when they had it) and I've noticed a few oddities. One is that I have the backlight bleeding in like 4 spots (honestly I don't really care about this and I AM a perfectionist), 2nd I've had a 2 force restarts so far because it has hanged. The third issue is the strangest and can only be demonstrated on video. Check out the weird artifacts it makes when the lock button is pressed repeatedly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVxcQTvicRo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    My friends 32 White wifi doesn't do this.
    Thanks and apart from this I love my iPad :D

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

3. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

Aww. :( By the description, I was kind of expecting the video to be a rickroll.

4. Mdifilm macrumors regular

just watched the video... you may have a defective one, make an appointment with Apple and see if you can get it replaced, if they do not have it in stock, ask them to jog it into their system for you to come back later for exchange...

5. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Just looks to me like the button or screen is more sensitive to being toggled like that. To be honest, I'm more surprised that clicking it on and off like that doesn't cause flickering on all iPads, since it seems a logical expectation when going from lit to darkened display that fast. I suppose it could be an early sign of a bad switch, but who on earth would you put that kind of wear and tear on the button accept intentionally?

Just my two cents though.

6. Himynamesnoah macrumors member

After I watched the video, I tried it with mine. Same thing.
    There's nothing wrong with it, your not supposed to do that. It's just trying to turn on, then off.

7. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

My friends does not do that though! Which model do you have?

8. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Yep! You got me. Custom done by myself. People in the street always ask me about it.