Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blerns3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
So for the iPhone, if you have an AT&T business account, you can only purchase it through AT&T, whether that's online, over phone, or in store. You cannot purchase it through Apple, or any other outside retailers such as RadioShack, Bestbuy, etc.

Is this the same with the iPad? Say I was to buy an LTE iPad mini and use it on that AT&T account. Do I have to buy it through AT&T or can I go through Apple?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
So for the iPhone, if you have an AT&T business account, you can only purchase it through AT&T, whether that's online, over phone, or in store. You cannot purchase it through Apple, or any other outside retailers such as RadioShack, Bestbuy, etc.

Is this the same with the iPad? Say I was to buy an LTE iPad mini and use it on that AT&T account. Do I have to buy it through AT&T or can I go through Apple?

What he said. Phones are carrier-subsidized and require credit approval before purchase. The iPad is an outright purchase and whether you choose to get a data plan is a decision you make after purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.