iPad on AT&T MicroCell.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SRLMJ23, Apr 22, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

I found out my iPads SIM number, so I tried to add it to my MicroCell. Turns out it doesn't work, which is funny because I read on Apple forums people could get theirs to work.

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

2. ninerfan macrumors regular

Perhaps take it in to AT&T or call them?? They have a separate MicroCell support section and they are extremely knowledgable.

I had problems with my iPhone. It was accessing the internet through 3G on the MicroCell and I wanted it to use wi-fi only. They were incredibly helpful. They even called back two days in a row to follow up on the continuing problem until it was resolved!

3. mypants macrumors newbie

if you are using a Microcell, you have broadband internet.
    Why don't you have a wireless router? I only mention it because it would really solve your problem.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Very good point. Probably slightly cheaper option over time anyway. You can pick up wireless routers so cheaply today.

5. cbronfman macrumors 6502

AT&T says no

I spoke with AT&T; answer "no.". They really want to discourage data use on it. No idea why since it's data I pay for and Microcell is supposedly designed to get data out to AT&T'network. Works great for my iPhone but no way for the iPad. I use WiFi but AT&T's position is irritating.