iPad on MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AFPoster, Aug 17, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I know if you're a developer you can have an iPad on your screen and use it fully for testing / building purposes. So here's my question:

I have an employee who is always asking me about certain apps on the iPad. Since I leave my iPad at home and on trips all I take is my MBP I am curious if there is an app for a non-developer that can virtually run an iPad on my screen with the ability to download apps, use them, etc to see the features to answer these questions. Or do I need to just buy the developers package?

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

As far as I know, it is not possible without being a developer. If you see any benefits to doing this, then, $100/yr is not a bad thing.

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

No. Xcode (which you do not have to be in the developer program to download) comes with an iOS simulator, but it is only a simulator. It will only run apps that you compile in Xcode, ergo you can only run something you've coded yourself or an open-source project you've downloaded somewhere.

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

sucks to hear that...

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Here is an illustration of an iPad on a Macbook Pro - I hope that it helps. If you want, I can also show you how to get an iPad onto a MBA.

[​IMG]