iPad online Pre-Order store pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pjv1990, Oct 24, 2012.

1. pjv1990 macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2012
    Hey guys,

After an epic and grand battle this morning I managed to return my 10 day old iPad 3 for a full refund even though the store I bought it from said I could only bring it back if it was faulty. Naturally, the reason why I did this is because I want to get the new iPad with A6x chip.

If I pre-order online in the uk would it be possible to pick it up from my local apple store? Or would I have to go in store to pre order? I've never pre ordered a new apple device so I wouldn't know

Many thanks!
  2. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2010
    I'd like to know too as I'm in the same position, never done it.

I'm surprised you had to fight to return it - here in the UK we get a 14 day no-questions-asked return policy. I returned my 30 day iPad 3 yesterday to the Manchester Trafford Centre, and the manager couldn't have been more friendly, though was for a gift card instead of cash (no big deal, obviously as I'm getting a 4). Applecare once told me a refund is harder to obtain as it's a loss of a sale (temp or otherwise), whilst it's much easier to exchange or get a gift voucher. I really didn't mind getting a voucher (actually prefer it), and it may be worth remembering this option in future return scenarios.