iPad online Pre-Order store pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pjv1990, Oct 24, 2012.

1. pjv1990 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

After an epic and grand battle this morning I managed to return my 10 day old iPad 3 for a full refund even though the store I bought it from said I could only bring it back if it was faulty. Naturally, the reason why I did this is because I want to get the new iPad with A6x chip.

If I pre-order online in the uk would it be possible to pick it up from my local apple store? Or would I have to go in store to pre order? I've never pre ordered a new apple device so I wouldn't know

Many thanks!

2. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

I'd like to know too as I'm in the same position, never done it.

I'm surprised you had to fight to return it - here in the UK we get a 14 day no-questions-asked return policy. I returned my 30 day iPad 3 yesterday to the Manchester Trafford Centre, and the manager couldn't have been more friendly, though was for a gift card instead of cash (no big deal, obviously as I'm getting a 4). Applecare once told me a refund is harder to obtain as it's a loss of a sale (temp or otherwise), whilst it's much easier to exchange or get a gift voucher. I really didn't mind getting a voucher (actually prefer it), and it may be worth remembering this option in future return scenarios.