Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which should I get

• ipad

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • ipad 2

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters

Spiterwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Hey, I was thinking about getting a ipad sometime next week, but now I've heard a bunch of rumors stating that a 7" ipad will be coming out sometime this year? So should I get the ipad now or should I wait for the next one?

seula

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
What do You prefer: 7 or 9,7 inch screen? Answer that, and You will have solution of Your problem.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Wtf...seriously can we kill this thread with fire?! I seriously have never been on a website where the same retarded speculation threads pop up 3 times a day. I would seriously recommend sticky this thread to avoid the 2 more that will pop up before I finish typing this.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
You'll always be chasing "the next thing" - if you can afford one now, get one, otherwise wait.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
I bet you're not as sick of these as I am.

Amen for the three of us as well as a million of the rest of us!
I was so impressed with mine, I asked Dr Q to start a section for the iPad, he went to Arn and here we are.BUT same 3 questions, over and over, I guess until :apple: gets it's butt in gear, and developers kick into high gear,(what are you waiting for boys??) we are stuck:rolleyes:
I LOVE my iPad, went away for a weekend, and I dared to bring only that! Served my every need as well as categorizing several hundred butterfly photo's
using the camera adapter, slid some into Aperture for tune up on my BMB:eek:
:cool:very:cool:

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
I was so impressed with mine, I asked Dr Q to start a section for the iPad, he went to Arn and here we are.BUT same 3 questions, over and over, I guess until :apple: gets it's butt in gear, and developers kick into high gear,(what are you waiting for boys??) we are stuck:rolleyes:
I LOVE my iPad, went away for a weekend, and I dared to bring only that! Served my every need as well as categorizing several hundred butterfly photo's

Doesn't matter. Once apple release the 2nd gen iPad, people will be going "OMG SHOULD I WAIT FOR IPAD 3?"

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000

Same as me dude. Went to Portugal and Italy for about 3 weeks with only the Nikon D300S, iPad and cam adapters. Worked great. I used a few of the editing apps and my photos were pretty much the way I wanted them. People complaining about the iPad not doing work have almost zero clue as to what they are talking about.

Spiterwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
if you guys are all sick of these types of threads then stop looking at them and complaining. If you don't like my thread then go start one yourself.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
If you want to wait until next June that is your business. That is the earliest you will see a new iPad model. Depends upon if you need it now or can wait. It's that simple. If you had read any of the other dozen threads just like this, you'd read the same thing. But I guess that takes too much effort.

AR15MBP

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
USA
if you guys are all sick of these types of threads then stop looking at them and complaining. If you don't like my thread then go start one yourself.

apologies. check out this comparison of the current ipad and the potential new ipad. hopefully this helps in your decision making.

here

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hey, I was thinking about getting a ipad sometime next week, but now I've heard a bunch of rumors stating that a 7" ipad will be coming out sometime this year? So should I get the ipad now or should I wait for the next one?

I have a simple answer: ipad 3

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
For the love of god can we please stop these ridiculous threads. :mad:

We all know Rev 4 is the one worth waiting for :rolleyes: ;)

Bit seriously..... Stop!

misterbig

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
Personally I'm waiting for iPad version 2,193 which will come with 8-inch screen, super-duper retina display, 10 trillion bits per second download speed and weighs 5 ounces.

By that time it wouldn't even be called iPad. :cool:

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
I'd say wait for ipad 4.

Judging from you ability to wait and Apple's ability to really hit its mark with the 4th version I would wait until it comes out.

Projected release date is 2013.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Judging from you ability to wait and Apple's ability to really hit its mark with the 4th version I would wait until it comes out.

Huh? You obviously don't own an iPhone 4. I say either go with the 3rd or 5th version. 4th? That's a big no-no.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Let's make one of these a sticky so it's easier to see. Maybe people will stop posting new threads like these.
My suggestion is to get it before 2012 before the world ends... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.