iPad or iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Irockgod, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Irockgod macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am planning to buy a new iPad. I cannot decide between an iPad 32GB or an iPad Mini 16 Gb. The money is not an issue. Which one so you guys think I should get?

Thank you.

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

Well. for starters, wait until it's out in an apple store near you so you can see the physical differences first hand.

Secondly, it depends on the use you are planning to use it for. I for one, the only reason I got an ipad was to accompany my mba11 as a secondary monitor, and the ipad mini would not be suitable for such an endeavor.

Then, there is the weight thing. Are you going to carry it all day or will you leave it at home?

No one can answer these questions except yourself.

Best of luck

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Personal pref. The 10" iPad is a big weighty for reading- at least if you like to hold it vs. laying it on the bed or desk. But the larger size and Retina screen also is nicer for short term reading like mags and web surfing. 10" is also nicer for content creation -- editing photos, videos, etc.

I think the mini will be great to take to the coffee shop to read or even to keep in the car for navigation.

You can't lose w/ either, just depends on whether your needs call for a #00 Philips or a #1.

4. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Depends what else you have and on your needs. For me, the iPad mini is in a no-need void. I'll have iPhone for pocket portability, and there would be no point in getting a non-retina iPad with smaller screen.

People keep saying the 10" iPad is awkward for reading etc, heavy to hold.

Simple solution: hoverbar, or something similar. I have 2 hoverbars, one in my bedroom, makes reading in bed really easy ... And posting to this site, as I am doing right now. It also keeps the iPad safe.

The other hoverbar moves around ... Kitchen, when using iPad for recipes etc; car for GPS, in office attached to my iMac, side table beside my big comfy research chair (where I do a lot of reading and note-taking), and attached to an outdoor table on veranda when I want to write out there with Bluetooth keyboard, the iPad at eye level on the hoverbar.

It's really easy to move and adjust, and I am hardly ever holding the iPad, it's brilliant, and in all these situations the iPad mini screen would be too small.