Ipad or Ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macrookie86, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Macrookie86 macrumors member

I have the first ipad that came out but I have been wondering if it would be worth it to up grade to the Ipad 2? Or just keep my first ipad? Other then the camera are there any other reasons to get the ipad 2?
    Thanks

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

ipad2 is faster and has more memory.

in practical terms, pdf files that i cannot open on my ipad1 can be opened on the ipad2. and, the pages turn more quickly. to be more specific, unoptimized pdf scans do fine on the ipad2 but crash apps on my ipad1. they are small files. they are the same. but, they have different results.

i like my ipad1, and the easy workaround is to just optimize troublesome files (only a few), but if something (ipad retina?) doesn't come out in september, i might upgrade to ipad2.

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPad 3! :D

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

iPad 2 is night and day IMO compared to iPad 1, it runs so much smoother and faster. As well most new HD apps are optimized to run on iPad 2.

5. Helixc0de macrumors regular

iPad 2 has facetime and the cameras. Also a A5 Dual core Processor. Also runs much smoother, more ram, and can handle applications and multitasking a lot better than the iPad. So go for the iPad 2

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I've yet to come across the iPad app, HD or otherwise, that runs the slightest bit sluggishly on my 1st gen iPad.

If you need the cameras or the price isn't that much different you should go for an iPad 2. However, other than that you'd be better off saving money and going with a 1st gen or holding out for the iPad 3 which is supposedly coming soon.

7. qwicksilver macrumors newbie

My theory is, if your going to drop the money, do it right the first time and get the best thing there is =)

.....only so you can do it again 2 years later =)