iPad or iPhone 4 or both???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luthrar, Jun 9, 2010.

?

iPad and or iPhone 4????

Poll closed Jun 13, 2010.
  1. Happy with iPad and old phone (iphone 2, 3*, other)

29 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Happy with iPad and going to buy iPhone 4

139 vote(s)
    76.4%
  3. Happy with just iPad

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Wish I had waited and not bought iPad in favour of iPhone 4 (trade iPad for new iPhone 4)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. luthrar macrumors member

Love this forum has been so helpful in the past. Really interested in getting a view on how the new iPhone 4 announcement and imminent release is impacting your iPad purchase.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Don't really understand these threads. Do you want a phone that fits in your pocket, or a multimedia device with a large screen? Simple.

3. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

As I bought my iPad before the iPhone 4 was announced and I need a new phone anyway, about august time, I will end up with both. But I have a 3G and iPad ATM and they both have their different uses.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The new argument...."Isn't the iPhone 4 just a tiny iPad"...:D

5. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

im getting the iPhone 4 not for its video, camera, apps, or the other bells and whistles. In fact, I can care less that it can access the web. I am getting it because I am tired of my crappy motorola clamshell phone and am wanting it for it's sleek, thin design and I LOVE the touchscreen phone controls.

I had the 3G once upon a time until my company decided it was too expensive for the contract. I have been jones-ing for a new one ever since.

Since I have the iPad 3G, I really don't need all the cool gadgets on the phone. I just want it for what it should be... a phone. Crazy?

6. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

Understand what you mean; the devices are different and are targeting different use case. However, I do believe that some people out there with limited resources and understanding of their day to day needs might be addressing these types of decisions. Thank you for your opinion and point of view.:)

7. mizvalorie macrumors member

I'll be having both. I have a 3gs now and love it so I am expecting to LOVE the iPhone 4. I love my iPad for different reasons but I want my phone to be simple and sleek and the iPhone does that.

8. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

So you're saying you have a limited understanding of your day to day needs? :confused:

Have to agree with miles01110 though. Would you rather have a phone or a larger multimedia device? Not really that much more to it IMO.

9. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

I guess you were also sold on the new "Retina" display. A definite advantage over any other mobile phone out there.

10. lskeys macrumors member

:cool: Apple is taking all my money this year. I purchased the Macbook Pro in April, Ipad in May, and I will get the Iphone 4 in June......:D Come on Steve Jobs, I need something for July, August, etc.....................

11. jaycee520 macrumors regular

+1:)

12. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

I can't say that is a main factor of my wanting the new phone, but I am sure it will be a delight. Anything that is easier on the eyes is a good thing, in my book.

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm going w/ the iPad and the iPhone 4.

Incidentally, I own multiple pairs of shoes for various situations: dress, casual, beach, running. Typically I don't delay purchasing flip flops because I have a new pair of wingtips.

14. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Sticking with my iPad 3G and crack berry. Mainly because I had the iPhone, but after using the Internet on the iPad i kinda of have no desire for the iPhone. The blackberry does all the main things like email and being a phone with a good batterey life, anything more complex should be done by the iPad. When I had my iPhone 3G must of had about 50 apps on it but used about 5 regularry, plus the iPhone just didn't have a good enough battery to be comfortable without charging it every night.

Hopefully the new iPhone apps will be compatible with the iPad.

15. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Both.

When you rock, you gotta rock hard.

lol

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would think the poll would list either ipad or iphone not just ipad. How can you vote iPad or iPhone and not list iPhone as a stand alone option?

17. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

I too got the iPad on May 28 in Australia - 64GB WiFi and 3G version, and since using it, its hard going back to a smaller iphone screen. I sold my iPhone 3GS 32GB on Ebay for AU$700 about a week ago, and I wont get the iPhone 4 as I love the iPad screen - dont want to go backwards.

Here's what I have dont, got a Nokia 5233 mobile outright for $199, does my calls and sms's (does not support 3g or Wifi) and got the iPad for internet / 3g connectivity - saves me a fortune.

18. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your views :)

19. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

That is indeed a fair point. I had submitted this poll to the iPad section and primarily I was trying to understand the sentiments of those that have committed already to a purchase of an iPad.

Thanks for the feedback:)

20. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I feel the same way. I really enjoy my iPad 3G...and I also very much look forward to upgrading my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4.

21. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for feedback

22. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

I might also buy the iPhone 4 but I'm not decided yet. I don't use my iPhone for anything much other than calls and mifi now but the new camera and being able to record videos would be handy.

23. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm thinking of getting an iphone 4...I just wish that Apple would add wifi tethering to iOS so that I have the option of thpethering my iPhone to my iPad wifi.

I love apple products but it just annoys me how they don't integrate them. ( MobileMe and iPad, no airport config for iPad, no tethering between iPhone and iPad) with ottoal control over hardware and software they should have the most integrated products.

24. luthrar thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree with you w.r.t integration / interoperability.
    I do think this will get better over time. Like you and many others I think apple products are great; design, form, function, software. With the momentum that Apple has gained in recent years I am sure we will continue to see even greater products and software.:)

25. aluren macrumors 65816

Well tethering is more of an AT&T thing than Apple. They've already enabled tethering in 3.0, we just never got to use it.

I'm also going to get/have both. iPhone 4 is too impressive to not upgrade.