ipad or macbook air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sportykid2332, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sportykid2332 macrumors regular

Hey guys/gals here is my situation...
    I had sold my ipad recently in preparation for buying the new one. I had gotten a good deal of my money back and along with some other things I've sold, I was pretty solid on getting the new iPad whenever it was released. However, I realized that with some birthday money I'll be getting within the next few days, I am actually going to be closer to the $1000 mark. Now I am a student and I already have a 15inch macbook pro (late 2008). I loved my original ipad and I found it easier to leave my laptop at home in many cases, however, does anyone think that going for the 11 inch air might be worth it? Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
    :)

2. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

If the MacBook pro is still chugging, I'd say get the iPad. I can't see a reason fro having two laptops, and the iPad is just plain sweet.

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Honestly, i'd skip the Air. I'm a firm believer in the iPad. Hopefully the 2nd gen proves to be worth while. If you're anything like me, once you have the Air, you'll still want the iPad.

4. clarkkent18 macrumors member

I am a full time student and I have the MacBook Pro 15' and it is heave as he!!. I take it to school every day, so I would know. Yes the iPad is cool and very nice, you can only run one program (app) at a time.

I have the powerpoint, textbook (.pdf) and word opened so that I can go back or taken a closer look at a slide on the powerpoint and then reefier to text book if I need more information.

So if you are only taken notes ONLY then get the iPad, but if you are like me that run many items at the same time, then get the MacBook Pro 13', lighter and you will have a CD drive.

5. clarkkent18 macrumors member

Dont get me wrong, I will be getting the iPad (1 or 2 don't know just yet), but if you are using it for school think about everything that you will need to run on it.

6. iDabble macrumors regular

Why would you need 2 laptops? I say get the ipad

7. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Premium iPad

I'd say spend the extra dough on a top of the line iPad. Hopefully today's event will bring us 128gb of storage!

8. sportykid2332 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies everyone! Yes I was thoroughly impressed by the new ipad today so I think I may opt for one of those and use the extra money to upgrade to a 3g version or some accessories.