iPad or MacBook air

yefar11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
I have a small dilemma I am not sure weather I should get a iPad or a MacBook air can someone please tell me which would be better because I have textbooks, write essays, sometimes am told to draw, and take notes. What should I get?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
The MacBook Air. If you have no other computer, having a MacBook Air is the smart choice. If you can have the Air AND the iPad, even better.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Air, because you need it for school. I have both and I rarely use my iPad for school stuff. The Air is very portable and gets the job done with any school-related things.

yefar11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
The MacBook Air. If you have no other computer, having a MacBook Air is the smart choice. If you can have the Air AND the iPad, even better.
Well I have a laptop but its too big to bring to school an it's like 7 lbs

----------

THANKS PEOPLE except the one who said iPad because it makes you look cool I KNOW WHAT IM GETTING NOW!!!

mouthster

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2005
I have both and still need the air for a few things, but damn. The screen on the air sure does look like poo now.

Roy G Biv

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2010
Procrastination is one of the biggest parts of college. iPad beats the Macbook Air hands down for procrastinating.

smallnshort247

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
I sold my 15 inch MacBook pro to get a high end Mac mini. I missed not having the portable option when I rarely used it ( travel, bathroom ..etc hehe) and I wasn't a huge believer in the iPad but I'm amazed at how much I use it. I still may get a MacBook air eventually but it looks like my iPad will be my main device this summer!

MimicBunion972

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I guess if you have the money, the best thing to do is to get a fully-functional Macbook Pro (or Air 13inch) and an iPad.

I was trying to use a 11inch Air as replacement for iPad2. Does not work. For starters, the 3-4h battery life is very annoying, you cannot get much done in that time. And reading book on that 11inch horizontal screen is a pain. Specification of the Air sounds much better than an iPad, but it does not transfer to better user experience.

So... why not try both and see which one fits your tasks?

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
Well Guys, after sleeping on it last night, I think I'm going to keep the iPad for a while longer and If a

new MacBook air comes out this summer I will buy it.
Thanks for everyone's input.
It really helped me a lot:)

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
I vote for pen and paper while in middle school. You only get to be young once and you might as well kill some trees while you're young. If pen and paper aren't enough, I would say iPad.

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
I guess if you have the money, the best thing to do is to get a fully-functional Macbook Pro (or Air 13inch) and an iPad.

I was trying to use a 11inch Air as replacement for iPad2. Does not work. For starters, the 3-4h battery life is very annoying, you cannot get much done in that time. And reading book on that 11inch horizontal screen is a pain. Specification of the Air sounds much better than an iPad, but it does not transfer to better user experience.

So... why not try both and see which one fits your tasks?

What do you do that takes longer than 4 hours, which is away from a plug? And can be done just as good on an iPad?

MimicBunion972

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
What do you do that takes longer than 4 hours, which is away from a plug? And can be done just as good on an iPad?
For example reading books or watching iUniversity during flight for bus trip. My Air always gives up in the middle of it. Or taking note for an entire day of classes, only iPad can do that without charging. You know class rooms, not every one get a plug.