iPad or nothing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sa1en, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Sa1en macrumors member

Sa1en

Hi!

I might started a thread in wrong place, so if that is true - sorry.

So, for now on I have an iMac at home (primary home work station), MBA with me when I need it, iPhone - everytime with me, and Mac Mini - primary work station at the office.

I'm got addict to Apple and want to buy an iPad for me, but my wisdom telling me: "why the hell you need it?". Really, why? I alrdy have all computers for different situations..

So, if somebody have here this devices (I'm sure that somebody have their) - tell me, how you finding time for all of them? :>

And, do I need iPad? :D

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Well, each one has it's own purpose...I have:

Imac 27"
    MBP 17"
    MBA 13"
    Ipad3
    Iphone 4S (soon to be a 5)

I use my ipad mainly at night in bed, playing the odd game, surfing the web, watching movies etc.

The iMac and my MBP do the heavy work lifting, and my MBA is such an ultra portable that it too comes into my workflow.

Do I need an iPad? Probably not, but only you can answer the question..:)

3. Sa1en thread starter macrumors member

Sa1en

Thanks for the reply :)

Its seems you are using your iPhone only for Calls&SMSes.
    I got lost. Man, so many devices.

Your iPad with 3G? How much space there?
    Maybe I need to get the most cheapest one, but I'm afraid that space will end soon & somewhen I will need 3G... :S

Aaand, is that retina is really good? Maybe I should take ipad2? :O

4. iamsen47 macrumors regular

I'm a web developer and I use my iPad2 to code when I'm away from the office/work station. If I need to do more serious stuff like graphics or site management then I switch to the MBA.

Otherwise, I use my padd for everything, from writing coding (with bluetooth keyboard) to web surfing to watching movies (connected to 23" dell via av adaptor) and listening to music.

The battery lasts longer than the MBA and it's a wee bit more mobile.

5. solsearchin macrumors member

I pads are content consumers, personally, I love mine. I rarely use my Mac air. It comes in handy when you just want to look up something quick, play games, watch vids, surf the web etc etc all in 1 hand. Also can't beat the retina display! Lol

6. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

This.

I'm also very skeptical about the ipad at first, I already have imac, mbp and iphone. but not until you really use it, and then you can appreciate the uses.
    now my ipad hardly leaves my side, and my mbp is collecting dust. ;)

7. MacSignal macrumors regular

I would rather have your MBA than an iPad, but the iPad can offer better battery life, retina display, as well as being smaller and lighter.

8. Sa1en thread starter macrumors member

Sa1en

Thanks a lot for replies.

I found very strange to use iPad for a web dev (it's my job too btw) but with BT keyboard it's same as MBA (or even iPhone with same BT keyboard ;))

Yeah, for sure I need to use it for few days to get know if I realy need it. Thanks everybody!