iPad or other?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mr.staggs, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mr.staggs macrumors newbie

I am saving my money for the iPad 2, but I already have an iPhone and I know I'm going to get the new one this June. My question is, should I get the iPad 2 and the iPhone -OR- the iPhone and the Canon T2i? I love taking pictures and making videos.

2. DaREdBaRoN macrumors member

Which do you need more? Without knowing your situation it is impossible to answer that question. If you are just looking for a new toy I would recomend the iPad, but then I'm not a photographer.

3. DaREdBaRoN, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

DaREdBaRoN macrumors member

4. mr.staggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm wanting to be a decent photographer but my main goal is to make videos with the camera. I would want the iPad to carry to college classes and just use as a media consumption device... I can't decide which I would get more value/use out of.

5. T-bag Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of having both iPhone and iPad - at least if you have a Laptop. I would go for the camera first at least. If you want to take pictures you don't need an iPad - the future camera(s) in it can't challenge real ones.