All iPads iPad or PS4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BlackMamba14, Nov 2, 2013.

1. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

Can only get one and was all set to get an iPad. But the comments of bad displays might change my mind. (Went through 4 iPad 2's before getting one without backlight bleed). Anyone else making a choice between these two?

2. Seniordan macrumors regular

Depends on which one you think you would use/enjoy more, I suppose.

3. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

These devices couldn't be any more different. If even you don't know which one you really want we can't help you.

4. bobright macrumors 601

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Oh brother, completely unrelated....

Should I buy jeans or a guitar?

6. M87 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't buy a PS4 until you can pre-order The Last of Us 2.

7. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I have a PS3 and I purchased an iPad Air yesterday. I will NOT buy a PS4.

Though SONY makes great game consoles, the PS3 being an excellent media server and internet browser, but there isn't a game for the PS4 which seems worth a damn. There were barely half-a-dozen games I purchased for the PS3 so far in 6+ years, but I have 60+ for the PS2.

The iPad is pretty impressive so far.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I can't help you as my iPad Air is on its way and I have also preordered a PS4 and an Xbox One. :). At the end of the day they are two totally different devices and you have to decide which is more important to you and which one you will get the most out of.

----------

Playstation 4.

9. evasquez7 macrumors member

iPad. The PS4 can't even play MP3s lol.

#xboxone

10. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I think you should wait on the PS4. It doesn't have a very big library of games yet. Wait at least a year for the ps4. Go with the ipad

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I have around 77 games for my PS3 which is far more then I ever had for my PS2. The PS4 may not have many games at launch but it has at least a handful I want to play and I know more will be on the way over the coming months and years. InFamous Second Son in particular looks awesome. I'm also looking forward to the remote play possibilities and the potential upgrade from current gen games.

12. loapp38 macrumors newbie

Buy the ps 4 and sell it for profit and buy an ipad. Holiday season coming and I'm expecting shortage for ps4, Xbox one, and ipad mini retina. Sorry but ipad air not on the list.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Your plan is most likely going to be redundant as Sony have already stated there will be additional units available soon after launch. I suspect there isn't going to be the shortage you're assuming and that Sony has learnt from their mistake with the PS3 launch.

14. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

We'll have to compare notes! Just got my Air and have both of those on order too. Also have last two weeks of November off. After a long hard year at work this is a much needed gadget vacation...

15. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

PS4. Just pre-ordered Assassins Creed, Madden, Battlefield, and Killzone. Already pre-ordered COD a month ago when I reserved the PS4.

More exciting than anything Apple has going on right now imo

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've only taken the launch days off for both consoles so just have them and the following weekends. I'll have to make do with that for now. I do have two weeks off over Christmas of which I'm going away for four days so hopefully I will get some more time then. I am more looking forward to the PS4 launch then the Xbox One as Playstation has always been my preference since the PS2. The Xbox is mainly just for the exclusives.

17. bobright macrumors 601

Getting a PS4 here too not a lot of my folks will be getting one on launch we got to hook up some of the MacRumors guys and get on some 2k or COD. :p

How painful was/is the anticipation waiting for the Air and now the PS4 though? Lol

18. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

iPad. As many have said, wait until the PS4 has a bigger game library. Anyway, the iPad screen issue is only in a low percentage of units and even if you did get that issue, you could easily have it replaced for free in just 5 minutes (assuming you have a close by apple store), just test it at the apple store when you get it (unless you order online.)

19. Mr.C macrumors 601

After going through so many product launches over the years I think I've got use to it. LOL.

I was fortunate to have been able to go to GamesCom this year where I got a chance to try out both consoles and several of the games. I also went to the Xbox One Tour here in London last weekend and got to play some of the launch Xbox One games again. I'm just a bit annoyed the US is getting the PS4 two weeks before us. That said at least we will know what to expect when we get ours.

20. iFanboy Guest

Shall I get an iPad or a train? Both of which I could afford.

[​IMG]

Seriously, these are two separate items with two entirely different uses. If you want a games console that you can plug into your TV, get a PS4. If you want a tablet computer for casual gaming, a range of apps, reading, and web browsing, get the iPad?

21. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing, this November sure is hard on the wallet. :D

22. maclook macrumors 65816

I think this is a valid thing to debate in November. I'm getting both but the PS4 is more of the luxury, unnecessary purchase. The iPad is a proven platform. The PS4 could very well be a bust. If you can wait, let the PS4 prove itself before buying it. I bought the PSP on launch day and Vita pretty early on and feel like they were awful purchases. I'm prepared for Sony to disappoint me again but I remain optimistic.

23. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

The main reason I'm more excited about the Xbox launch is I'm hoping against hope that the Kinect will live up to its hype this time, and Project Spark looks like lots of fun too.

It feels more like PS4 has a laser focus on gaming, and the Xbox is looking to wear a few hats. That's a risky choice, but if they pull it off it could be interesting...

24. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I'm asking myself the same question at the moment. I have had a PS4 preordered since July but I don't know if I want it at launch. The line up is not that great and honestly I have a gaming PC I could just use for all my gaming. Now that the new iPads are out I'm lusting for one. I've always thought $500 was quite a bit of money for a consumption device though, especially when I already have an iphone and MBA. But the same could be said for the PS4. By the time I buy a couple games I'm already over what it costs for an iPad air.