iPad order cancelled

Discussion in 'iPad' started by uPad, Mar 11, 2011.

1. uPad macrumors newbie

I went to check if my shipping status had changed and I find out that my order is cancelled! Anyone else experience this? I'm on hold with apple now...

2. eff pc macrumors regular

How many did you try to order and what time did you order?

3. uPad thread starter macrumors newbie

1 iPad at 1:52 AM PST.

I'm so mad right now, I've been waiting forever and don't understand how my order was cancelled.

4. eff pc macrumors regular

Maybe something wrong with your payment? Some banks have a $500 daily limit and if you try to buy something over that it will get denied. Happened to me when I bought a DLSR a while back. Used a different card last night so I wouldn't have this issue. Mine was ordered at 2:18 PST so hopefully mine doesn't get cancelled! But I think they would just change your delivery date not cancel if they oversold their stock. Idk post what Apple says when you get through.

5. uPad thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it with an apple gift card, so the payment should be good. We shall see what they say...

6. eff pc macrumors regular

Yeah that is weird then. You aren't trying to ship to a PO box are you? I don't think apple ships to PO boxes.

7. uPad thread starter macrumors newbie

I was trying to ship to my Dad's house so someone would be home to sign. Lucy you got some splaining to do!:confused:

8. 9OOYO macrumors regular

heads up

If your credit card billing address does not mail the shipping address it will probably reject the charge.

9. uPad thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't use a credit card, I used the apple gift card

10. eff pc macrumors regular

My shipping address is different than the billing address and Apple even says "on sig. req. shipments please ship it to somewhere that will have someone you trust available to sign for it" so I don't think a different shipping address is the issue...unless you put the shipping address in the billing address area by accident then your card would have got rejected...

EDIT - Just remembered you used a gift card....hmmmm idk let us know when you get through to Apple

11. cslts macrumors newbie

My Order Date: Mar 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM PST
    My order is also cancelled.So i give up now as it takes such a long time to get one.><

12. uPad thread starter macrumors newbie

After waiting on hold I spoke with a customer service supervisor. He explained that they are aware of this issue and they are going to get back to me within 24 - 48 hours. Very sincere guy...hopefully they fix this issue.

13. simply258 macrumors regular

My order was cancelled too. Got an email that I ordered more than the limit but I only ordered 2 iPads and 2 covers. I'll call as soon as they open.

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I bet they offer you a Gift Card or a case for your trouble ... Apple is good like that :cool:

16. Waterb0y macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. I called the Help number twice and both told me that all I could do was order another iPad. They said they could not reopen my cancelled order and that it was an "internal error" that cancelled my order. I also emailed them to see if that helps.

Really frustrating. I went from a 3-5 day wait on shipping to a 2-3 week date. It's not like they sold my iPad to someone else, I still have a few days before it was even supposed to ship. All I want is my "place" in the line back.

17. macachia macrumors regular

I received the cancelled email myself explaining how i was order my order limit (i only ordered 1!). Now I emailed customer care and will be calling them whenever they are open

18. togo7 macrumors member

I had my order cancelled after I called customer service and upgraded my shipping to 2 day. At that time the guy said he was amazed I was so far up in the shipping queue. The I-pad would ship in 24 hours. Then I checked my order online and saw it got cancelled shortly there after.
    I spoke with customer service this am. They said the order was cancelled by them for some unknown reason. I told her my story and she said he shouldn’t have upgraded your shipping as expedited shipping is not available. I said fine just reorder and put me back in my rightful place in shipping queue. She said she couldn’t do that. Blah blah blah...so I hold for a supervisor 45 mins. Chick comes back on phone and says you will get an email in 24 to 48 hrs. Sorry for your troubles with Apple nice helping you.
    Here is what I think happened. If you have expedited shipping on your order, since it is not in reality available, the order gets put in computer glitch heaven. Thus the order is cancelled.

19. MojoTed macrumors newbie

Apple Cancelled my iPad 2 order

I woke up at 2:50 am central time to preorder a 32GB White iPad 2 Wifi, and an HDMI adaptor. Everything went through as it normally would. It said my items would ship within 3-5 days. I found it weird that Apple didn't send me a confirmation email as they typically have done, but I was still able to login and see that my order was scheduled to be shipped within 3-5 days. I checked again this morning since nothing had showed up on my bank statement. Sure enough my order says it has been cancelled. CANCELLED! You probably won't believe me when I say this, but the exact same thing happened to me last year when I tried to purchase the original iPad ( I had to wait over a month). I didn't even receive an email from Apple letting me know that they cancelled the order. I called my bank this morning to see if they were aware of the transaction. They said there must be something wrong on Apple's end. I called Apple this morning, and I am still on hold (going on 2 hours). The first two people I had spoke with told me that there is nothing they can do, and that I should just place another order, and hope that you receive an iPad in the next month or so. They have no idea why their system cancelled my order and quite frankly they seem like they don't care. I've been a fan of Apple for over 10 years, but nowadays whether I'm dealing with one of their retail stores or their customer service they don't seem to care like they used to. I know this isn't completely true across the board, but I deal with Apple a lot and I can definitely tell a difference. IMO Customer service has declined over the last few years:(

20. macachia macrumors regular

yep, thats what i was told as well! Hope my white ipad 3g is re-ordered and skip these weeks of waiting! (i originally had 3-5 days shipping wait, ordered at 1-5mins past its launch time)

21. togo7 macrumors member

After a brief google search. It seems computer cancelled orders is nothing new to the Apple online store. It appears any little idiosyncrasy in your order and the computer will cancel it. It also appears Apple has a history on these orders of not really caring to much and just tells you to reorder. Hopefully this time is different but I doubt it will be.