iPad order Order Acknowledgment, everything ok??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supernet33, Mar 12, 2012.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

So I just placed an order for an iPad 3, and I got the Order Acknowledgment..

I got the 16GB iPad 3, non-LTE... I find it very rare that I am not close to wifi and if I need, i will use my iPhone teaher..

Also, My boss paid for it, so I used my home address for shipping and his address for payment, that shouldn't be an issue.. should it be?

I got an email saying Order Acknowledgment..
    Does that mean they took the payment and everything is ok?

Does anyone know if they charge the whole amount now or when they ship it?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

If the address were an issue, it would have been flagged during the order process. Worry not.

They haven't taken payment yet. That usually doesn't happen until it ships and even then, sometimes takes days after. Again, worry not. :)

3. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.. I hope I get mine before April 6th...

I am scared that my boss might have it in his account now but when they ship it, he won't (he's a debit/check card).. do they hold the $ until it is shipped?

4. supernet33 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Order Acknowledgment is only that. It really depends on the bank your boss is using as many time they want the item mail to the billing address.

If there is a problem, you will get a email in a day or two. You Boss might be able to talk to his bank to waive this stipulation.

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

They place a temporary hold on the amount of money charged. In addition, the money is only taken out of the account once the item is shipped.

Hope that helps.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Temporary hold and charge only occurs when the item ships.