Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColeMayfield

Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Clovis, California
Hey Everyone,

My grandmother went ahead and purchased an iPad 1 (The Original) today, and wanted me to bring it home this evening and get it updated and make some minor adjustments to it off my iMac.

She also requested adding a Document Creator and a way to Print the documents Wirelessly to her printer off the iPad. I am not really familiar with iPads so I thought I would post my question here.

What she is looking for is the best app(s) to Type just a plain Document and after being able to print it off of her iPad. I don't much about her printer, but I do know it is a HP and it is WiFi (Wireless) Capable.

Is Pages a good Document App and what would be a good Wireless Printing App to Print the Documents she creates off of Pages or your recommended Document Creator App ?

Suggestions *Greatly* Appreciated... She was hoping to get it back by tomorrow morning and I am a little late getting the post up on MacRumors... Hopefully Answers Soon ?

Thanks for Reading,

:apple: CM :apple:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REVISED QUESTION:

So, I got everything kind of in order on my Grandmother's iPad to take back to her tomorrow Morning.

I went ahead and purchased Pages and I seem to think it is a really cool App and she is going to be able to use it because of its easy to use format. I also found on there the Print Section. I have Wireless Epson Printer here at home and I typed a brief Document on Pages used the options and came to the print serction where it asked me to Sear for Printers and my rinter was not found.

I found out the type of printer she has is a HP PhotoSmart C4795 Wireless Printer. Will Pages find this printer ?

OR,

Is there a Printing App that will be able to print Pages Documents that she makes in the App Store for the Original iPad. If so, which is it and what Apps do you MacRumor Members Recommend ?

Her Printer, Once again is a HP PhotoSmart C4795.

Thanks for Reading,

Last edited:

ColeMayfield

Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Clovis, California
I think I'm going to go with Pages...

Any ideas on how to print the Documents...

The printer is a HP PhotoSmart C4795 and it does have Wireless Printing Capability.

Does anyone know if the HP ePrint Service designed for the iPhone app, will work on the iPad for this Printer. Also, i won't be printing by 3G but rather Wi-fi. Will the HP ePrint Service App work for this printer and on the iPad ?

ColeMayfield

Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Clovis, California
Revised question:

REVISED QUESTION:

So, I got everything kind of in order on my Grandmother's iPad to take back to her tomorrow Morning.

I went ahead and purchased Pages and I seem to think it is a really cool App and she is going to be able to use it because of its easy to use format. I also found on there the Print Section. I have Wireless Epson Printer here at home and I typed a brief Document on Pages used the options and came to the print serction where it asked me to Sear for Printers and my rinter was not found.

I found out the type of printer she has is a HP PhotoSmart C4795 Wireless Printer. Will Pages find this printer ?

OR,

Is there a Printing App that will be able to print Pages Documents that she makes in the App Store for the Original iPad. If so, which is it and what Apps do you MacRumor Members Recommend ?

Thanks for Reading,

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
REVISED QUESTION:

OR,

Thanks for Reading,

if iPrint doesn't work with it, HP has a printing app. Printing would be an extra step, but it should work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.