Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iThink Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
Hello! Has anyone tired the video output with the iPad Pro to see if there are any changes there to better support multiple screens? Thanks!

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
Literally no changes whatsoever to external display support. And that in and of itself is why iPadOS 15 is DoA for me personally. I was holding out for WWDC to decide if I was going to go M1 iMac or M1 iPad Pro and this PATHETIC update sealed the deal for me.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Literally no changes whatsoever to external display support. And that in and of itself is why iPadOS 15 is DoA for me personally. I was holding out for WWDC to decide if I was going to go M1 iMac or M1 iPad Pro and this PATHETIC update sealed the deal for me.
I’ve been using my 2020 iPad Pro as my main device since I got it, more recently connected to an external screen a lot of the time. I was really hoping for some kind of improvement here. I have a headless M1 Mac Mini as an expensive accessory for my iPad, but I’m starting to consider selling both of them and just getting a MacBook. Maybe a refurbished M1 model, or waiting for a design refresh. It’d make the most sense to have one device instead of the two, but I’d hate to give up the nice iPad screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.