Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hello all,

Not sure if this has been discussed but I am not sure the proper name for it so I am having issues finding any info.

I am looking to add custom cover art for my movies in the files app on the ipad pro. For example. I have avengers in the files app and I would lime to add the cover art / movie poster to the file for it to make it easier and nicer to find in the files. Is this possible?

Thank for the help. I hope this makes sense.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I know what you are looking for but I don’t think there is a way in Files to do that - it usually requires an app specifically targeting multimedia, e.g. Infuse, nPlayer.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I did just the opposite - dumped Infuse for nPlayer as nPlayer has audio and video controls that Infuse doesn't.

Umm.. why not use both? nPlayer does well with streaming to TVs... but I prefer using Infuse to watch on the iPad.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Umm.. why not use both? nPlayer does well with streaming to TVs... but I prefer using Infuse to watch on the iPad.

Why? nPlayer does everything I need and does it well. I used Infuse for quite some time before I switched and I don't miss it.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Why? nPlayer does everything I need and does it well. I used Infuse for quite some time before I switched and I don't miss it.

I guess I'm finicky. Infuse has a well-made interface... from the poster-style art work and how the information is displayed.

Reactions: JayMysterio

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I guess I'm finicky. Infuse has a well-made interface... from the poster-style art work and how the information is displayed.

The poster icon in better in Infuse but as I mentioned, I like the more extensive playback controls in nPlayer Also, within the metadata I can open up the supplied link to the movie's entry in The Movie DB for more extensive info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.