iPad / OS X Question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kurisutofa, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Kurisutofa macrumors newbie

Kurisutofa

I've done quite a bit of research on this topic but I'm not finding many answers so I'm beginning to think it's not entirely possible. I have both the iPad Pro 12.9 and I have pre-ordered the 9.7 that should be here today and I'm not entirely happy such an amazing tablet is running on iOS still. I really don't want a Mac, I'd prefer having the mobility of the Pro without the keyboard. I've been researching the possibility of putting OS X on the tablets. I've seen tablets for sale running OS X on various websites, but I have not seen the average person be able to accomplish this like they can a jail break. Does anybody here have any more information regarding this? Or if this is even possible without going above and beyond any normal jailbreak type procedure?

2. thesaz123 macrumors member

It is not possible. iPads run on an ARM architecture, while OS X runs on an Intel architecture. In short, it cannot be done, and if people are selling tablets with OS X, they are either modified macbook pros, or simply scams.

If you really want a touchscreen tablet running OS X, you'd have to look into this http://www.t3.com/news/who-needs-an-ipad-pro-get-yourself-a-macbook-tablet-running-os-x

3. Azl macrumors member

And OS X in it's current state is terrible for touch interface anyway.
    I still don't get why someone would want that, instead of a rmb or mba.