Ipad output to TV?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bluehaze013, Apr 18, 2010.

1. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

Anyone figure out a way to do this? I have my netbook hooked up to the TV to stream netflix on the big screen would be nice if I could do it with my iPad and free up the netbook. I doubt it's possible but just figured i'd ask before dismissing the idea altogethor.

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

check your TV for a VGA input. Then check Apple for the VGA output cable.

3. dbrothers macrumors newbie

Many (if not most) modern TVs have VGA input - just get the iPad VGA adapter. I've already got mine (for presentations, not video) - now I just need the 3G iPad I've pre-ordered :)

4. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Both the iPod/iPhone Composite and Component Kits work with the iPad. Just pick the one you want to you and go for it.

TEG

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Thus begs this question: Will the VGA cable work on the iPhone or Touch?

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

With OS 3.1.3, it does not appear to. However, that functionality may be included with OS 4, but nothing has been specified.

TEG

8. airfrancisco macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing for Netflix, but read from another forum that someone did that already with apple component and only output audio, no video. The output from iPad was limited such as youtube and video can be output to tv. I guess we'll have to wait for cydia.

9. bluehaze013 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea that is what happens. With the net book when you plug in the hdmi cable the tv becomes the monitor, this is what I was hoping to do with iPad so I could stream movies. Guess I will have to stick to the net book.

Thanks