iPad overheated for the first time

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sl33pyhead, Jul 26, 2012.

1. sl33pyhead macrumors member

I was using it at 65% brightness, browsing the web in my room on the floor and... Then I had a temperature warning that said,"iPad must cool down before you can use it." or something along those lines... So I shut it off for 10 minutes (I felt the ipad right when this happened and it has been way hotter)

I've had the new ipad since release day and have had it JBd since release and this is the first time it's happended. Nothing new has been added for a while.

Should I say it's a fluke or are there diagnostics I should run?

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

There's no diagnostics you can run afaik, but try playing some intensive game with good graphics for fifteen minutes and see how it goes. Mine works fine at 100% brightness for long periods when gaming.

3. driftwoodtea macrumors member

This happened to me for the first time too yesterday however, I was running it at 100% running my business on the beach in Dubrovnik, in 34º heat, and in blazing sun.

10 minutes inside my bag, next to the a bottle of iced water, and it was all fine.

As wanky and pretentious as this sounds - which it is but I worked hard to be able to do this - I have to say I've actually been amazed that this is the first time this week this has happened. I've never felt my iPad get so hot as I have this week, yet its still kept on running. I have to say I've been mightly impressed!

James

4. hbueain macrumors newbie

I had that when I was using it on a beach in Cancun. No issues after it cools down.

5. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Mine overheated yesterday too, I was in Vegas, so not surprised really

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Well if the place is hot and you are running something powerful on the iPad it will heat up enough so that the device will go into cool down mode.